Matej Bosnjak 6'9 C Croatia a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
    I wonder if we’ll really just see him and Ballard at the 5, with Meeks at the 4?
    I suspect we'll get more creative than that, by second semester.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
      I wonder if we’ll really just see him and Ballard at the 5, with Meeks at the 4?
      Reasonable guess.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The new and improved WSU roster adds valuable veteran experience. We can go to the mat with a great addition in Matej B. The roster is deeper and more versatile it appears on paper. MB was beyond my greedy expectations. In the past, our experienced Shocker teams usually are the ones that excel. Now HCPM will work to find the teamwork and chemistry to jell together in the new frontier of "Portal pay for play" musical chair roster basketball.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

The Baylor connection is an obvious connection, but maybe WSU’s director of recruiting, Ognjen Stranjina who is from Belgrade gets some credit too. I would think that there is a good chance that they speak the same language. Zagreb and Belgrade are only about 250 miles apart.

It sounds like his recruitment has been going on for many weeks. I wonder how the staff rated Bosnjak, Meeks and Zapala.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I suspect we'll get more creative than that, by second semester.
            Your comment and ShockHat’s comment both make no sense to me. Only five players can play at the same time, and the roster seems to show 10+ talented players that may be able to play more than one position. Maybe we are better playing only eight, or nine players. Or maybe we need to play 10. Or maybe if we have foul problems, we need to play 11 some games.

Maybe we are better playing Ballard And MB at the 5 or maybe we need Meeks to play some 5 also. Most likely we need more than 2 4’s and more than 2 5’s in some games. How do we know now?

Comment

Speaking of speaking. Is Stranjina allowed to be on the bench? A translator might be key.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your comment and ShockHat’s comment both make no sense to me. Only five players can play at the same time, and the roster seems to show 10+ talented players that may be able to play more than one position. Maybe we are better playing only eight, or nine players. Or maybe we need to play 10. Or maybe if we have foul problems, we need to play 11 some games.
                Bosnajak is accustomed to playing alongside a second big, according to the story.

Comment

Bosnajak is accustomed to playing alongside a second big, according to the story.
                  Some offenses yes and others no. But he doesn’t look to be a focal point of any offense. I think that modern offenses run through guards/forwards who can make plays. Not 4’s and 5’s who need to rebound and play defense.

Comment

Speaking of speaking. Is Stranjina allowed to be on the bench? A translator might be key.
                    "Give ball, I dunk."

Not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

"Give ball, I dunk."

Not that hard.
                      Where are you guys getting the idea he doesn’t speak English? Most Croatians under the age of 40 speak it well, probably better than most on this forum.

Comment

Appears to be very similar to the Jacob Germany signing last year

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Some offenses yes and others no. But he doesn’t look to be a focal point of any offense. I think that modern offenses run through guards/forwards who can make plays. Not 4’s and 5’s who need to rebound and play defense.
                          must do it different in Europe

Comment

I wonder if SN Euro connection knows this guy ......calling Joerg
                            Last edited by moshock; June 19, 2024, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Where are you guys getting the idea he doesn’t speak English? Most Croatians under the age of 40 speak it well, probably better than most on this forum.
                              Then that was Ballard.

Last edited by Kung Wu; June 20, 2024, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                                Appears to be very similar to the Jacob Germany signing last year
                                Jacob Germany wouldn’t sniff the court in the league MB played in, and that’s no knock on Germany.
                                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Working...
                                X