Clear All

According to Scout Arizona State is leading

Comment

Now is interested in the Jayhawks

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02
        http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=60807&sport=2

Now is interested in the Jayhawks

But I've been told the Jayhawks are not extremely interested in Coy - he's essentially plan D for their staff at that position.

Comment

They will probably try to grab him as a walk on so noboby else can get him.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by wsu789
            I tell this story every few years.

I once asked Scott Thompson if he was recruiting a guard that played up at a 2A school north of Wichita. He explained that he wasn't and with these small town kids, you could just never be sure how they would transition to D1.

Jacy Holloway turned out to be a four year starter at point guard on some very good Iowa State teams.

I know there are plenty of examples of small town kids who have not done so well, but this conversation will always stick out in my mind.
            Wow...small world. I had the exact same conversation and was told flat out that Jacy couldn't play for us. At the time I just smiled and kind of shook my head. Yeah.....we couldn't use a fast, smart 6'1" guard that all he does is win championships. Didn't need any winners around here.....

Comment

FYI - Coy was in attendence at the CU-WSU game on Saturday. Don't know what that means exactly, but thought I'd share.

Comment

He wanted to see the holes that he could fill for the Shox. :D

They're there, I hope he can see them and wants to be the man to step in and help.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

WSU needs to put the full court press on young Johnny Coy. Can't the Shockers create an administrative assistant position that would be just perfect for his older brother for a couple years? Am I joking ... ?
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Nothing against Johnny and his brother, but I'd keep that position open for Cheese.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

If we were going to go that route Cheese would be my first pick as well. :D
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

We'd probably have to give cheese an assistant coaching position. Ad. Assistant just won't cut the mustard.

Comment

Let me add a little more about Coy being at the CU-WSU game. If you want you can go to the BlueJay Cafe and get the full scoop. Johnny's brother made a couple of post on their recruiting board prior to the visit. He said Creighton was on his brother's short list, and that, "John would be a perfect fit at Crieghton." Noteworthy to us is WSU was the first school to show interest in him and first to attend one of his practices.

Probably in part due his brother's posts, some BJay fans thought Coy might verbal after the game. As we know, that didn't happen.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

His brother is also the one that said Washington may have taken the lead from ASU shortly after the visit. Which nobody has ever heard Jon say himself. Everything he's said has been about ASU. Maybe he misunderstood what Jon said or something, I'm not calling him out or anything. It's interesting that he's posting on the CU board though. If he were smart he'd talk Jon into coming to WSU :D
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Rivals ranks him at 112

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Coy made a verbal commitment to Arizona State today.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X