Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIL is just easy to blame. But I guarantee it is multiple factors. Now maybe NIL is the tie breaker....who knows.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes. It's not only NIL is the point
      More than one "scapegoat" then ?

Comment

Nobody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Soooooo, NIL funds is not a problem?
          What's the average NIL deal $1000 to $10000? Yes a handful make much bigger deals but what's someone's image really worth? I'm sure most think it's worth more than it actually is. Anyone can buy a team but I still gotta believe there are kids out there looking for fit, education, and the college experience .

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

More than one "scapegoat" then ?
            A scapegoat in general is a singular person/thing/condition that unreasonably takes the blame for a larger problem. So when you start saying "multiple scapegoats" its not really a scapegoat and more just a realistic analysis of the failure situation. So no .. not "more than one scapegoat". Just means there are a multitude of reasons players aren't committing here .. its not always "we can't afford them" as that removes all blame from any other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              NIL is just easy to blame. But I guarantee it is multiple factors. Now maybe NIL is the tie breaker....who knows.
              That's what i'm trying to get at. We have other things we obviously need to change in order to get competitive if we are losing out to the Oral Roberts of the world

Comment

Just throwing this out there… there’s a full on chance that Mills has someone that’s a better fit for his system and we do have our people relatively locked in. But this is all speculation. What’s fact is that nothing is being communicated to fan base and it all looks negative, despite their efforts to improve NIL… which isn’t good. Aka if negative news is coming out, it’s important to provide some positive light which is just nonexistent right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                  Just throwing this out there… there’s a full on chance that Mills has someone that’s a better fit for his system and we do have our people relatively locked in. But this is all speculation. What’s fact is that nothing is being communicated to fan base and it all looks negative, despite their efforts to improve NIL… which isn’t good. Aka if negative news is coming out, it’s important to provide some positive light which is just nonexistent right now.
                  You are correct, it might all work out. Mills did himself no favors with his recruiting class last year and how everything worked with Abmas and all that. So when you see him bringing in recruits for visits then they go elsewhere, its hard not to make the assumption that things aren't going well and he's on to his backup recruits.

Its still early in the recruiting class. You should get a total look at who is available in the next few days, then hopefully we start to see movement.

Comment

That's what i'm trying to get at. We have other things we obviously need to change in order to get competitive if we are losing out to the Oral Roberts of the world
                    True. But didn't the current ORU coach come from Mills' staff? Maybe he was the original recruiter for McBride? Maybe they had a better overall bond?
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

True. But didn't the current ORU coach come from Mills' staff? Maybe he was the original recruiter for McBride? Maybe they had a better overall bond?
                      Yup, lots at play .. very unlikely its NIL with him. I had that staff concern from day one that it wasn't Mills that landed all that talent in ORU but his assistants. Still early, but there are signs I might not have been wrong there. Hopefully I am wrong and he lands a couple home runs in the next month. We are going to be in for a major reset next year due to all the seniors, so would be nice to have some signs of recruiting ability with this staff.

Comment

Yup, lots at play .. very unlikely its NIL with him. I had that staff concern from day one that it wasn't Mills that landed all that talent in ORU but his assistants. Still early, but there are signs I might not have been wrong there. Hopefully I am wrong and he lands a couple home runs in the next month. We are going to be in for a major reset next year due to all the seniors, so would be nice to have some signs of recruiting ability with this staff.
                        100% there with ya.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                          BS.........a full on chance my ass

Comment

I believe a part of the problem is that several big name schools had a coaching change and all of their players left. That might be making some of the better players are waiting to see how all of these openings get filled before committing to "mid majors". Last year we brought in 2 players coming off of injury, 1 that had academic problems and 2 graduate transfers, one of which rarely saw playing time. I'm an advocate for junior college players. We have had a lot of success going that route. I remember last year when we were all complaining about lack of communication. I just hope we don't end up getting the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

Hill just liked an interesting gif tweet from Kenton Paulino…

Comment

And FWIW, while not a home run, I think a pretty dang solid PG option to improve what we have.

I think MgGuiness was an B+ to A- signee. Hill would be B to B-

Comment

Working...
                                X