Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m surprised. I went to their forum and the vibe I got off them was that he was basically same as Xavier Bell. They seemed happy to be moving on?
    A 2:1 assist to turnover ratio in the SEC is pretty far off from what Xavier Bell has produced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If people read the forum recently about Colby Rogers, they would think most were happy he moved on. Same with Austin Reaves when he left. Many were happy he was gone because he made a couple mistakes.

Not saying Hill is going to be an all conference player, but reading forums after players leave gets interesting responses from some .
      Was going to say the same. Jilted lovers and all.

I doubt this kid is the 100% fix. I wouldn't expect miracles. But I do think he would be a good addition based on what I can tell.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Let's go back to late-March. If I said we fill two guard spots with...

A PG from the SEC who would have been second on the team in 3-Pt shooting last year (I can't believe Dalen was lower than 33%) with a 2-1 A/TO

And a SG with from a lower conference at ~38% shooting with better handles and finishing ability than CR and 13-14 PPG...

Feels like I no doubt would have taken it.

Let's hope for good news soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Was going to say the same. Jilted lovers and all.

I doubt this kid is the 100% fix. I wouldn't expect miracles. But I do think he would be a good addition based on what I can tell.
          I don't expect us to go from last-ish to first anyways. I want to see improvement, an upper half finish, and momentum next year. Then hopefully we can ride that momentum with additional NIL funds built over the year to have a REALLY good portal class next year since we will have a LOT of minutes to offer good players. This feels like one step in that direction

Comment

I don't expect us to go from last-ish to first anyways. I want to see improvement, an upper half finish, and momentum next year. Then hopefully we can ride that momentum with additional NIL funds built over the year to have a REALLY good portal class next year since we will have a LOT of minutes to offer good players. This feels like one step in that direction
            Yep. Positive momentum would be a good step in the right direction. And we HAVE to see improvement next year overall. Which isn't asking for a miracle I don't feel.

By year 3 I would hope we are competing for conference championships (at least in the damn conversation) lol. Still a big ask, but I think all of us have said Mills gets 3 years. And this would be on that same path.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• All this talk about a PG. Please tell me what I'm missing or overlooked. Doesn't a sound team have a backup at every position, or at minimum, a backup that can play at one of two positions? Who are we recruiting or even been mentioned, as a reasonable backup for the 4/5 positions? Compare that to how many players we at least bodies that can play the 1, 2, or 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                All this talk about a PG. Please tell me what I'm missing or overlooked. Doesn't a sound team have a backup at every position, or at minimum, a backup that can play at one of two positions? Who are we recruiting or even been mentioned, as a reasonable backup for the 4/5 positions? Compare that to how many players we at least bodies that can play the 1, 2, or 3.
                We have 3 scholarships available. A PG + a 4 and a 5 is the ideal

Comment

We have 3 scholarships available. A PG + a 4 and a 5 is the ideal
                  Yes, I know we have the scholarships, but is there anyone one or two at the 4 and/or 5 that have even been mentioned as reasonable recruits for starter and/or backup recently.

Comment

Yes, I know we have the scholarships, but is there anyone one or two at the 4 and/or 5 that have even been mentioned as reasonable recruits for starter and/or backup recently.
                    I agree... Very quiet on that front

Comment

All this talk about a PG. Please tell me what I'm missing or overlooked. Doesn't a sound team have a backup at every position, or at minimum, a backup that can play at one of two positions? Who are we recruiting or even been mentioned, as a reasonable backup for the 4/5 positions? Compare that to how many players we at least bodies that can play the 1, 2, or 3.
                      Well of course we need to strengthen down low. Although, it's been quiet with Pohto...hell maybe there is indication he might drop out of the portal again lol.

But PG is the most vital to stabalize. I am hoping there is a JUCO big or something out there that isnt committed.

So definitely still a major need. No doubt

Comment

• Last year's team needed a PG more than anything. Next year's team needs two bigs more than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Last year's team needed a PG more than anything. Next year's team needs two bigs more than anything.
                          I like how Cortez finished. But not sure I trust him with the reigns 100% yet.

So I will just say we need all of the above more than anything next year
                          Last edited by shockerfan; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• KP would fill two glaring voids. Given 25-28 mpg as starting PF and back up center he would be close to averaging 12-14 ppg and 8-10 rpg. Who knows he might regain his perimeter confidence and suddenly be a stretch four also, thus, filling three voids.

Comment

• Shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                                Shocker!

Comment

Working...
                                X