Who does Mills recruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    That's an oversimplification of the AAU circuit. There are plenty of players that will dial it in on the defensive end and take pride in it. Those things don't generally make highlight tapes though so you don't see it.
    It was a general statement. The really good defensive players usually end up at schools like Houston that focus heavily on defense and rebounding. I'd just like a little more focus on that, as well, when it comes to recruiting. Want more Joy cause I think he fits that mold.

Comment

Sure am impressed with Jalen Hooks. Wondering if the Shocks could sign a player these days in the top 100? With the players we have now playing teams like Memphis, our man to man D is not sufficient. That is why we must also learn to run some more zones like NOW. Too many easy layups with nobody guarding or helping.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I believe this guy still has his covid year. Obviously knows the system. Averages 21ppg, shoots 38% from 3, 2 to 1 assist to turnover. Isaac McBride-ORU, point guard. Scored 25 against K State.

https://oruathletics.com/sports/mens...c-mcbride/5222

Comment

POACH!!!!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            I believe this guy still has his covid year. Obviously knows the system. Averages 21ppg, shoots 38% from 3, 2 to 1 assist to turnover. Isaac McBride-ORU, point guard. Scored 25 against K State.

Dam*! ORU has two players, McBride and Thompson playing over 38 minutes per game! We had better back-ups, but I don't believe Fred ever averaged over 32 minutes per game.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Would probably be a pretty good pickup .. but if he didn't want to follow Mills last year .. i'm not sure he wants to walk into this dumpster fire just for Mills.

Comment

We really need a very good pg, we need lazer accurate shooters and scorers. We need defensive stoppers. We have several ships over on the bench and never playing. We need Portal and Juco help now that can even beat out some of our returnees. I really do like the 2 Freshmen that HCPM has signed too.
                Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 4, 2024, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  We really need a very good pg, we need lazer accurate shooters and scorers. We need defensive stoppers. We have several ships over on the bench and never playing. We need Portal and Juco help now that can even beat out some of our returnees. I really do like the 2 Freshmen that HCPM has signed too.
                  We need to forget about defense. Mills isn't big on it so we are never going to see anything like what we used to.

I think Mills dream scenario is to run a team much like Creighton, where defense is optional but he wants shooters all over the court. I'm not sure we ever see that either, but that seems to be more of his style that the blue collar style that resonates so much with the community.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We need to forget about defense. Mills isn't big on it so we are never going to see anything like what we used to.

I think Mills dream scenario is to run a team much like Creighton, where defense is optional but he wants shooters all over the court. I'm not sure we ever see that either, but that seems to be more of his style that the blue collar style that resonates so much with the community.
                    I'm so offensive minded that I dream of several good shooters on one team. We hear that's on the way but are still waiting. Making even our free throws at the end of close games has been lackluster at best.

Comment

Making even our free throws at the end of close games has been lackluster at best.
                      Clang! Clang! Clang!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shockers may have to recruit Ballard and Rogers again too? If you kept only 6 returning eligible Shockers and for sure keep our 2 incoming recruits, what 6 Shockers would you keep? That would require us to find 5 new Shockers from the Portal, Juco, or really good Freshmen.

Comment

Shockers may have to recruit Ballard and Rogers again too? If you kept only 6 returning eligible Shockers and for sure keep our 2 incoming recruits, what 6 Shockers would you keep? That would require us to find 5 new Shockers from the Portal, Juco, or really good Freshmen.
                          Pohto, Ballard, Joy....

After that I wouldn't really care. I guess Rogers and DeGray are okay. I guess Bamba since we haven't seen him play yet but heard good things about him last year.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Degray is a work horse. I want him back. Badly.
                            Last edited by Kung Wu; February 7, 2024, 09:35 AM.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Degray is work horse. I want him back. Badly.
                              You get 5 more Kung Wu The Great.

Comment

We have to be on the hunt for an experienced PG (Juco?). Also, with freshmen Pipkin (1/2) and Williams (2/3) coming in do you keep Joy (2) and Yanis (3) regardless of what happens with Rogers/Bell/DeGray/Beverly? I'd like to hold on to DeGray and if Rogers wants to stay, him, too. Bell is a wild card because he is from here. Is Beverley the odd man out?

I'm guessing Abidde is gone given his lack of playing recently, so we need another 4/5. Hope we can hang on to Ballard and I'd be hard pressed to push Pohto out if he wants to stay, particularly since Mills got him to stay. If either/both leave, we will need experienced players (D1/Juco).

I didn't give many real answers, but I don't see any more freshmen. Maybe a 4/5 is both Ballard and Pohto stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X