No announcement yet.

Noam Yaacov 6'1 PG Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The international player hate is also hard to understand. 6 of the top 8 MVP vote getters this year were foreign…while the USA still reigns supreme in aggregate, the international game is significantly better than it ever has been. Victor Wenbenyana is the next Lebron and he he isn’t even playing at the top levels of European competition.

I’m not saying this kid is anywhere near that level, but I don’t know that we should discount his international stats when comparing against USA high schoolers.
    “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

• Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post
      The international player hate is also hard to understand. 6 of the top 8 MVP vote getters this year were foreign…while the USA still reigns supreme in aggregate, the international game is significantly better than it ever has been. Victor Wenbenyana is the next Lebron and he he isn’t even playing at the top levels of European competition.

I’m not saying this kid is anywhere near that level, but I don’t know that we should discount his international stats when comparing against USA high schoolers.
      I think what's difficult is that we don't know what kind of competition a lot of these foreign kids really face. There is some high level competition to be had, but some of these kids do go against lesser levels so it can be hard to evaluate. Especially when you don't know.

At least with some of the American kids you can have an idea on the level of talent based on where they play. Or if they go to certain prep schools you know they're facing high level competition night in and night out. A kid putting up solid numbers at Sunrise, or IMG, or Hargrave, or Finlay and such you know they're playing against some of the best. Certain states have certain classifications where you know they're facing top talent so it's easier for the average fan to evaluate based on video or stats. Where a kid playing in certain European or African countries it's not near as easy to project as there isn't necessarily the same number of high level talents they're facing on a regular basis. The foreign game has continually improved and gotten better, but as a whole it's not on the same level as the states.

I think some of the foreign hate is a little over blown, but there is reason to be hesitant or slow to jump on board for some with limited knowledge.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think we can all agree that if one of your teammates is a current NBA player -- any NBA player -- you're competing at a stupid high level. You are so far beyond what any high school player in America is playing, that it's laughable. In fact, you are playing at a higher level than every college player in America. And it isn't even close. You're playing pro ball at that point, it's just a matter of what level of pro ball. You are G-League level or better, really at that point.

Can't we agree on that?

Slovenia, the #7 ranked team in the world that Israel just beat with Noam being the second leading scorer, has three active NBA players on it's roster (one of which is Luke Doncic!). Noam just played against and beat Slovenia (the NBA players weren't active for that qualifier though).
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

You're trolling right? His Defensive Rating was 16th in the entire country in 2020-2021.
          To this day he's ranked 14th in career block percentage all-time for the AAC.

He brutalized the WAC defensively (yes, I know it's the WAC) with the number 1 ranking in Defensive Win Shares, 3rd in Defensive Box +/-, 2nd in Defensive Rating.

In 2018-2019 he only got 11 minutes per game ... yet still ended up 15th in the AAC for most blocks in that season.

For his career at WSU he averaged 8.4 minutes per game. That's stunningly low for a guy that got an NBA Summer League invite one year later. fHC3GM didn't know what he had with this guy, but most of us could see it plainly. One of the very few gripes I had about fHC3GM was his mistrust/misuse of Asbjorn.

You are the troll, right? You are quoting defensive numbers from when he played in the WAC

When he played on our team in our conference, he put up some of the worst defensive numbers in the country, hence my statement: "He couldn't play defense on our level" Most people, including his coaches, saw him exactly as he was, a really nice guy, good teammate, that was over his head at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
            Most people, including his coaches, saw him exactly as he was, a really nice guy, good teammate, that was over his head at this level.

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Was there any chance the Shockers were or still are interested in this talented point guard or pursuing him? With 2 remaining ships to fill, there are a select few on SN that know some scoop if there is any?. Even real and true hints would be okay with us. A Noam signing for our fearless leader Kung Wu would be his biggest thrill since he received the notorious Gregg Marshall autographed basketball. No?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                  Was there any chance the Shockers were or still are interested in this talented point guard or pursuing him? With 2 remaining ships to fill, there are a select few on SN that know some scoop if there is any?. Even real and true hints would be okay with us. A Noam signing for our fearless leader Kung Wu would be his biggest thrill since he received the notorious Gregg Marshall autographed basketball. No?
                  Since the autographed ball signing? Yes!

Comment

• Noam dropped 31 on France in the FIBA U20 division: https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u...-fibau20europe

* sigh *

Comment

• Are you kidding me?!! Noam is awesome.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• More like Yesam…

Comment

• Sign him up boys!!!!

Comment

• He's too good. He's goin' straight pro.

Comment

• This would be a V.E.R.Y. good time to try and convince a pro Israel player that he needs to get out of Israel and come to the USA to play for WSU.

Comment

Working...
                              X