Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joy Ighovodja 6'4 G 2023 Nigeria a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And not sure why 247 shows he signed in February.

This Tweet was from November 2022.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      And not sure why 247 shows he signed in February.

This Tweet was from November 2022.

That would make more sense.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Never let being 8 inches too short stop you from your dreams
        8 inches shorter than Ehieme is still a couple inches over average.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Comment

Dam 6-10 wingspan witha 39 vert is nice for a 6'3 to 6'4 guard
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

measurables are off the charts, but no real insight into how well that translates on the court. Good project piece at least.

Comment

That 6'10" wingspan could be very valuable on the defensive end if he's at least competent on that side of the ball.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

His Twittr account says he's ambidextrous.

Imagine him pulling up to shoot not knowing which hand it would be that possession!
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                    Is it possible for us to sign a Nigerian player without a 100 page shockernet thread?
                    Probably not even legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Probably not even legal.
                      Then we have a lot of work to do before he makes it to campus.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Definitely not someone that needs to put on a ton of weight/muscle after he gets here. Not that he can't put on some, but he looks like he could hold his own physically.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Definitely not someone that needs to put on a ton of weight/muscle after he gets here. Not that he can't put on some, but he looks like he could hold his own physically.
                            That caught my eye as well. Compare him to #9 in the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              That 6'10" wingspan could be very valuable on the defensive end if he's at least competent on that side of the ball.
                              Paul Pressey comes to mind.

Comment

Mills Signs Nigerian Guard Ighovodja

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/4/2...ighovodja.aspx

Head Coach Paul Mills announced the signing of Joy Ighovodja (pronounced ee-VOO-chuh), a 6-foot-4 lefty from Abeokuta, Nigeria who has spent the past two years honing his skills at the NBA Academy Africa in Saly, Senegal alongside some of the continent's top prospects.

Mills said:

"I am excited to have Joy be a part of Wichita State basketball. Joy has a terrific skillset combined with great length for a guard his size and will be a force for many years to come. He is a product of NBA Academy Africa where his development has made monumental strides. He is being challenged every day by other high-level players who all receive high-level coaching from the Academy. More importantly, Joy is a young man of high character who will represent Shocker basketball well, on and off the court. Please join me in welcoming Joy to Wichita!"

Over the past two years Ighovodja's development has been turbo charged through his involvement with the BAL Elevate program, which places one promising young NBA Academy Africa prospect on each of the 12 professional teams in the Basketball Africa League – an annual competition patterned after European soccer's Champions League. In order to preserve their amateur status, the 12 Elevate players do not share in the prize money but are given the opportunity to sharpen their skills against older and more experienced athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X