Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joy Ighovodja 6'4 G 2023 Nigeria a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy Ighovodja 6'4 G 2023 Nigeria a Shocker!

Joy Ighovodja is/was committed to Oral Roberts. Part of the NBA Africa Academy. He's a hard kid to find much information on.

Joy Ighovodja, NBA Academy Africa, Shooting Guard (247sports.com)
    Last edited by shocks02; April 24, 2023, 12:30 PM.

Signed in February. I wonder if foreign players have different rules/time periods for signing NLI.

Comment

He retweeted Paul Mills' "let's get to work" tweet after being hired at WSU so I'm going to guess there's some smoke here.

Comment

Don't think Taylor's wording in his tweet was an accident. Some much needed "joy."

Comment

Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
          Don't think Taylor's wording in his tweet was an accident. Some much needed "joy."
          Good catch... Though would be interesting as no one seems to have listed him being let out of his LOI yet...which i think prevents any official contact

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Good catch... Though would be interesting as no one seems to have listed him being let out of his LOI yet...which i think prevents any official contact
            Maybe being overseas it just is slow being reported. Or maybe it just didn't get noticed somehow by media? Hard to say. But found it strange that TE tweets his stuff and this pops up at the same time out of nowhere.

Maybe a coincidence.....but I just dont know.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Maybe being overseas it just is slow being reported. Or maybe it just didn't get noticed somehow by media? Hard to say. But found it strange that TE tweets his stuff and this pops up at the same time out of nowhere.

Maybe a coincidence.....but I just dont know.
              Yea. Big unknown all around with this kid. Unlikely to be a contributer day one but good to balance the classes. Would leave 4 scholarships left while needing probably 2 of those to be immediate impact players.

Comment

I haven't been able to find anything mentioning international signing dates being the same or different. I know 247 says signed, but I wonder if that's accurate or if it was a mistake that was never corrected.

Maybe I need to work on improving my Google skills.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Maybe not announcing being released from his LOI is so that P5's don't jump all over him?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Is it possible for us to sign a Nigerian player without a 100 page shockernet thread?
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      Is it possible for us to sign a Nigerian player without a 100 page shockernet thread?
                      He's 8 inches too short for a 100 page thread.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's 8 inches too short for a 100 page thread.
                        Never let being 8 inches too short stop you from your dreams

Comment

This is interesting information from the fall.

"Joy is a 6-foot-4 lefty who has point guard skills and has terrific length for a guard his size," ORU Head Coach Paul Mills said.

Back up PG perhaps and the flexibility to play 1-3 guard positions?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            This is interesting information from the fall.

"Joy is a 6-foot-4 lefty who has point guard skills and has terrific length for a guard his size," ORU Head Coach Paul Mills said.

Back up PG perhaps and the flexibility to play 1-3 guard positions?
                            Or at least a PG to start learning this year for next year and beyond. NIL might not be as big of issue for him since he's international, so maybe lower transfer risk.

Comment

LMAO

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X