Clear All

• NCAA basketball has been in a dead period for recruiting

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzane!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

See shoxlax's post. (and the way a P5 swooped in on a very meh C that was 3/4ths of the way committed here)
        That sucks. Sounded like he would've been a solid pick-up for us at a much needed position. Stating the obvious here that this nil thing just flat out sucks. It just shows how players don't even wanna be here (or really any school outside the major conferences for that matter)...they just want the cash. It used to make me feel good when a player selected Wichita St. Not so much anymore.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Maybe I missed something on ZM? Has he signed elsewhere or are we still trying to sign him?
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Saw nothing on 247 and Verbalcommits still has him as undecided

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Maybe I missed something on ZM? Has he signed elsewhere or are we still trying to sign him?
              Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Saw nothing on 247 and Verbalcommits still has him as undecided
              I believe they were talking about the previous center we felt we were close to signing, not Meeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe they were talking about the previous center we felt we were close to signing, not Meeks.
                Yeah, I was referring to Aargh 's question about Meeks "extorting" WSU for NIL money. Almost definitely the case with who his dad is, and with the way the market is and how we got outbid last second for the other center.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Yeah, I was referring to Aargh 's question about Meeks "extorting" WSU for NIL money. Almost definitely the case with who his dad is, and with the way the market is and how we got outbid last second for the other center.
                  It sucks that it all comes down to money, but I cannot stress enough that this team needs a player of Meeks' caliber to achieve it's full potential in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

It sucks that it all comes down to money, but I cannot stress enough that this team needs a player of Meeks' caliber to achieve it's full potential in my opinion.
                    Not even "full potential" but having another good center (or person over 6'6 at least) is required to be better than last year IMO. We got better at other positions for sure .. but only having 1 player over 6'6 will be a problem.

So yea .. we need to fill this one.

Comment

• According to his twitter, this is his 2nd time in the portal as a grad transfer. I don’t know what rules may apply to that. He also needs the NCAA to approve his injury redshirt for last year which shouldn’t be an issue. We know the NCAA doesn’t work real fast. The NCAA has lost a lot of power, but it still has some say on eligibility issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                        According to his twitter, this is his 2nd time in the portal as a grad transfer. I don’t know what rules may apply to that. He also needs the NCAA to approve his injury redshirt for last year which shouldn’t be an issue. We know the NCAA doesn’t work real fast. The NCAA has lost a lot of power, but it still has some say on eligibility issues.
                        This doesn't pertain to Meeks directly, but interesting.

Comment

• Yes please.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• “13 of the 15 guys are here. We will have the final two additions to finish up the front court announced soon.”

Mills on Sports Daily this morning. Made it seem like final two spots are wrapped up/committed just not yet announced. I know we only have one scholarship left, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              “13 of the 15 guys are here. We will have the final two additions to finish up the front court announced soon.”

Mills on Sports Daily this morning. Made it seem like final two spots are wrapped up/committed just not yet announced. I know we only have one scholarship left, right?
                              Correct. One left.

I'm not buying anything until there's an actual announcement. Seems like they've thought they've had things ready before only for that not to be the case.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                “13 of the 15 guys are here. We will have the final two additions to finish up the front court announced soon.”

One scholarship and a walk on then since he mentions 15 guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X