Zane Meeks 6'9 F Arizona St Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The portal is closed unless HCPM gets fired.
    juco, D-2, truck driving school

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

KICK one of our way-too-many guards to the curb
      If you want employees to be loyal to you, you have to show loyalty to your employees

Comment

I wonder if we will get a Message sent to this group. While I think that's a bad idea, it's certainly more deserving here than in Softball. And it would have been deserving last year, and the year before that. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If you want employees to be loyal to you, you have to show loyalty to your employees
          You also have to pay market wages for top talent

Comment

Five years ago and beyond I would agree. Nowadays loyalty comes at a competitive price and rosters change quite a bit every season. In addition, I don't think it is smart to hold on to dead weight. Not good for anyone including the player unless he is just here for and education which is doubtful in most cases

Comment

that way none of them jump to the portal, right?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Five years ago and beyond I would agree. Nowadays loyalty comes at a competitive price and rosters change quite a bit every season. In addition, I don't think it is smart to hold on to dead weight. Not good for anyone including the player unless he is just here for and education which is doubtful in most cases
                If you like cheering for a bunch of uniforms with bodies who are not vested in shocker ball, you are correct.
                If you would rather see guys who work hard for the team, who are proud to wear the shocker uniform and develop, then you do your best to make them happy by being honest about their abilities within the team, and help them achieve their personal goals..
                If a guy doesn't like their situation at WSU, you help them find a place where they can achieve their goals. But you only "kick them to the curb" if they are a discipline problem. It's going to take a two way commitment to restore the kind of basketball that most of us enjoy. Switching out the bulk of the team annually, will not make any of us happy.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

that way none of them jump to the portal, right?
                  Less jumped this year. I believe that is because this staff is showing the ability to develop and giving the kids honest evaluations. I believe the players feel good about HCPM's commitment to them.
                  If Ballard had not developed, I would guess that he would have left this year. Same hold true for Porter and a couple more in my mind.
                  I think you can expect 2-4 a year hitting the portal for whatever reason, PT, not their preferred style of team play or whatever. But you will be a better team if you can minimize those outgoing transfers. Build team chemistry.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if more continuity and less turnover leads to better results. We'll find out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      It will be interesting to see if more continuity and less turnover leads to better results. We'll find out soon.
                      Been a LONG time since we had this few transfers it feels like. That alone will make for a better watch this season.

Comment

After further review, Meeks doesn't need to add ANY hamburgers to his meal plan. His shoulders are wider than most 6'9ers and that's a great thing. He plays at or just below the rim, but he has serious bruiser potential. Better footwork than most bigs. A guy like Acy could elevate this kids game a notch.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; May 17, 2024, 03:34 PM.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Per TE, Meeks visits this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                            Per TE, Meeks visits this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Been a LONG time since we had this few transfers it feels like. That alone will make for a better watch this season.
                              Chances are yes but it's no guarantee. If you simply don't have the right pieces or talent level then continuity doesn't mean much. I've doubted the overall talent level and I feel this season will reveal the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I really hope he commits. I think he's a great choice for the last spot. Hopefully they can find a young 6'10" guy to walk-on and hook them up with a nice NIL package or something. I feel like we'd still need one more big guy in case of emergency.

Comment

Working...
                                X