Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jaykwon Walton - 6'7" Forward - Shelton State CC Class of 2022 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The more I see the more I like this kid as a RCIV-esque player and I think he can fill that hole nicely.
    I stopped at 30 seconds… RCIV type player with a better looking jump shot.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

would be a steal

Comment

I wonder if this is the guy HCIB was referring to?

Interesting that he has two completely different follow throughs. A prolonged one and a super quick one. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which one he uses on any given shot.

Both are BUTTER though! I’m going hunting for stats.

Comment

This is this season’s stats. Guessing minutes per game is off….if not this guy is the highest per 40 guy in basketball history.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            This is this season’s stats. Guessing minutes per game is off….if not this guy is the highest per 40 guy in basketball history.
            216 shots in 187 minutes played... Machine gun Willis would be proud

Comment

6'7" and he's listed as a guard? And some refer to him as a combo guard?

In one of Eldridge's recent interviews with IB, it seemed IB pegged Rojas at the center spot along with Pohto and Ballard. Okafor at the 4. Rotate Walton with Okafor for a 4-guard lineup. Not losing much height going to a 4-guard lineup. Throw in Ricks at the 3, who's also listed at 6'7" and is said to be a sharpshooter... and Rogers is a 40+% 3-point shooter.

It's easy to be optimistic about recruiting, but it appears IB is putting a team together that might be able to win a game "not ugly". Defense might be taking a hit, but there's reason to believe the offense is going to be upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I stopped at 30 seconds… RCIV type player with a better looking jump shot.
                Keeping in mind the level of competition, but he appears to have some defensive ability also. See a little Cle in there also. I am trying not to be to overhyped, but I like this one!

Comment

We should be all in on this kid.

Comment

Article of his Juco coach talking about him.

2022 Mississippi State commitment Jaykwon Walton spent a season and a half at Georgia and was a 247Sports four-star prospect in the Class of 2019.

"We start him at the two guard and he is so good on offense and he knows how to play offense," added Eatmon. "He always makes the right read. He can handle the ball and he shoots it well. He can finish at the rim well because of his size. He is one of those guys at this level that we can play him at 1 through 5 on the court. And that's because of his size and skill level."

Comment

A couple of things that may be counterpoints:

-He seems to be a bit out of balance on his midrang game sort of like McDuffie was. Gathering yourself and having your feet set is what lets you consistently shoot over people accurately.

-Reputation at Georgia was that he was not particularly a hard worker. This coming from fans so take it with a grain of salt. The same was said about Cle and FHCGM got the best out of him, but he ain’t the coach no more.

Also is this the position we need help with? I think we obviously need another plug and play PG, but trying to determine if we are still “too short”.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        A couple of things that may be counterpoints:

-He seems to be a bit out of balance on his midrang game sort of like McDuffie was. Gathering yourself and having your feet set is what lets you consistently shoot over people accurately.

-Reputation at Georgia was that he was not particularly a hard worker. This coming from fans so take it with a grain of salt. The same was said about Cle and FHCGM got the best out of him, but he ain’t the coach no more.

Also is this the position we need help with? I think we obviously need another plug and play PG, but trying to determine if we are still “too short”.
                        Outside of PG, I'm not sure if we had another need. We had wants that some of us would prefer, but potential depth is there. Sounds like this guy can play either wing and possible slide to PF if necessary. If that's the case, that's a valuable asset that gives you flexibility depending on fouls or injuries.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

I like this one. Attacks the basket with ease. If he truly is a 6'7 guard, he is going to cause serious matchup problems for other teams.

Comment

This, at least on paper, appears to be the best recruit so far.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X