No announcement yet.

Jaron Pierre - 6'4" SG Southern Miss Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys and gals see race as the most important characteristic of people are most likely Democrats. It’s too bad that Race has to become the issue on a sports centered board.

It kind of takes the fun out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Guys and gals see race as the most important characteristic of people are most likely Democrats. It’s too bad that Race has to become the issue on a sports centered board.

It kind of takes the fun out of it.
      Huh, Seems to me that someone that sees race as the most important characteristic of a person would be a racist.

Those that don't think racism is an issue in this county are most likely Morons.

Comment

There were two guys on the team last year who did not perform at he level they expected of themselves.

One spent the entire season trying to shoot himself out of a slump and demonstrate to NBA guys that he had good handles and could create his own shot. The other guy thought the stuff that worked in high school would work in the AAC. Throw that in with 2 guys that defenses ignored and there isn't an offense in existence that can be run effectively.

We've had two flukey years under IB. I'm willing to see what IB can do with his offensive sets without the players who may have contributed to bad offensive sets last year. I'm not overly confident, but I'm not writing IB's offense off yet (or his ability to get players to run it).

I'm hoping last year taught IB something about letting the inmates run the asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Because most of the players our Greg Marshall players. That's why Taylor Eldridge said WSU has been 1 of the worst shooting 3 point team for 4 years. Two by Gregg and two by IB. But all the blame on this board goes to IB because he is a black coach. And Greg Marshall is given a pass because he white. Go Shocks.
          *are* not our...

Comment

Poor Mr. Pierre

Now we’ve really done it… watch until the end; a few of us survive.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              Huh, Seems to me that someone that sees race as the most important characteristic of a person would be a racist.
              Absolutely

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
              Those that don't think racism is an issue in this county are most likely Morons.
              I guess I don’t see people the way you do. People who are friendly, I like, and people who are unfriendly, I don’t.

I can understand why some blacks are wary of others. White liberals are often the most racist, even though they think they are the most enlightened.

i have great black friends.

Comment

While I think race discussions are appropriate in the current national situation, I think they belong in the Politics Forum. What's in between IB's ears is the only thing that affects his ability to coach basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

I’m black and I wholeheartedly can guarantee you the reason IB gets so much flack isn’t because he is black, it’s because he is an inexperienced coach who was hired by a dunce AD, not to say there may not be people who don’t like IB having the position for that particular reason I’m just saying if IB was white I guarantee you he would receive the same amount of criticism given the same circumstances. Wichita state fans have been spoiled prior years, we are not use to losing and obviously the 1st ones to take the blame besides the actual players would be the head coach and AD
                  Thank you for breathing some sanity in to an otherwise insane discussion. This is 100% the case. Has nothing to do with his race for probably 99% of people.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Because most of the players our Greg Marshall players. That's why Taylor Eldridge said WSU has been 1 of the worst shooting 3 point team for 4 years. Two by Gregg and two by IB. But all the blame on this board goes to IB because he is a black coach. And Greg Marshall is given a pass because he white. Go Shocks.

What's with the Black & White ? If he sucks, he sucks. He could be half-black-half-white, no one gives a Sht. last season was Fugly.

Comment

I’m not going to chime into the race discussion, but I do find the comments about wanting him to display some fire tiring. I care more about his actual ability to coach, and how the players feel under him, rather than his ability to put on a performance on the court.

That was actually something I didn’t like about Marshall. He could have done with less “fire”

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

*are* not our...
                        Racist
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Saying it's about race...to a bunch of people who bought billboards to run a white AD ouf of town....huh....

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                            That was actually something I didn’t like about Marshall. He could have done with less “fire”

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

Comment

Dear Pierre... we're usually a decent group
                              of fans, but sometimes our trains get off the
                              tracks...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Dear Pierre... we're usually a decent group
                                of fans, but sometimes our trains get off the
                                tracks...

Dear Mr. Pierre,
                                Make some shots, dive for loose balls and get some rebounds and this thread will look drastically different ...

Comment

Working...
                                X