Jacob Wilson 6'5 PG Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
    Tulsa had some dudes. Pressey. Harris. Shea Seals. Dang!
    As I’m sure you are aware, Pressey, and Harris were in a completely separate Tulsa era (1980-82), and Seals was a decade and a half later in the mid-90’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

As I’m sure you are aware, Pressey, and Harris were in a completely separate Tulsa era (1980-82), and Seals was a decade and a half later in the mid-90’s.
      For sure. All 3 were amazing players. But yeah. Different teams or eras. I do remember polka dot Nolan coming into the roundhouse with Harris and Pressey. That was electric!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

It surely did. When Pressey played for the Bucks. I don't see Pressey in this kid.

Wilson didn't look too quick from the footage I watched. Redshirt.
        Ah yes!! The dreaded quickness issue. I initially thought the same thing when I saw his videos. But then I realized that I am watching Jacob Wilson as a kid in high-school and comparing him to Paul Pressey a man as a senor in college. There is no comparison. For example that's like watching Fred's high-school video and comparing it to his senior video at WSU. There will be a significant difference between size, muscle, and quickness. One is a kid, the other is a man.

But make no mistake, Wilson is dominating against high-school kids his age. The reason I said he reminded me of Pressey is because of his height, the length of his arms,, his athleticism, ability in handling the ball,, basketball IQ on the floor and the fact that they list him as a pg. In the videos I saw , he shoots better than Pressey and Fred. Time will answer all these questions for us. But for now I am encouraged and excited. He has alot of potential.

I still think we need another pg. Somebody with some college experience. Why? Because there is a difference between high-school and college. We need another experienced colleg pg. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Ah yes!! The dreaded quickness issue. I initially thought the same thing when I saw his videos. But then I realized that I am watching Jacob Wilson as a kid in high-school and comparing him to Paul Pressey a man as a senor in college. There is no comparison. For example that's like watching Fred's high-school video and comparing it to his senior video at WSU. There will be a significant difference between size, muscle, and quickness. One is a kid, the other is a man.

But make no mistake, Wilson is dominating against high-school kids his age. The reason I said he reminded me of Pressey is because of his height, the length of his arms,, his athleticism, ability in handling the ball,, basketball IQ on the floor and the fact that they list him as a pg. In the videos I saw , he shoots better than Pressey and Fred. Time will answer all these questions for us. But for now I am encouraged and excited. He has alot of potential.

I still think we need another pg. Somebody with some college experience. Why? Because there is a difference between high-school and college. We need another experienced colleg pg. Go Shocks.
          Dominating? The competition looked just like one would expect a Div. II high school team to look like. Who did the Shocks beat out to get this kid?

Redshirt candidate.

Comment

Dominating? The competition looked just like one would expect a Div. II high school team to look like. Who did the Shocks beat out to get this kid?

Redshirt candidate.
            Your like a ball lost in high weeds. Your logic can't be found. Lol. Who did the Shocks beat out to sign Fred V. or Ron Baker? Basically they were under valued and way under ranked. Heck Baker was not even rated but Jans took 1 look of him playing in the lowly 3A in Kansas and knew he could play.. He is the one that convinced Marshall to sign him.. And there must have been 20 pg ranked in front of Fred. A good eye for talent is not concerned about who else is recruiting the player. They make their assessment on what they see. And as usual redshirt is determindd by the player and coach based on individual circumstances and and needs of the TEAM. It does not mean that the person can't pllay. Baker was a redshirt.. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Your like a ball lost in high weeds. Your logic can't be found. Lol. Who did the Shocks beat out to sign Fred V. or Ron Baker? Basically they were under valued and way under ranked. Heck Baker was not even rated but Jans took 1 look of him playing in the lowly 3A in Kansas and knew he could play.. He is the one that convinced Marshall to sign him.. And there must have been 20 pg ranked in front of Fred. A good eye for talent is not concerned about who else is recruiting the player. They make their assessment on what they see. And as usual redshirt is determindd by the player and coach based on individual circumstances and and needs of the TEAM. It does not mean that the person can't pllay. Baker was a redshirt.. Good luck.
              Man, that was one impressive and well-structured exposition! I mean, who would ever make an evaluation based on available high lite vids? PG, eh? Riiight. Let's just hope he can be the next E. Wessal. But let's not get too carried away.

Moving on, you do realize that the Shocks are bringing in 3 guards with D1 experience who might move this kid down the bench a little (more probably a lot). So, therefore, maybe a redshirt is a reasonable conclusion... Oh, why bother.

What next? If only Mo would have played as smart, and hard, as the Forwards or the Guards the Shocks might have won 20 games this year? Oh, wait...

Comment

Man, that was one impressive and well-structured exposition! I mean, who would ever make an evaluation based on available high lite vids? PG, eh? Riiight. Let's just hope he can be the next E. Wessal. But let's not get too carried away.

Moving on, you do realize that the Shocks are bringing in 3 guards with D1 experience who might move this kid down the bench a little (more probably a lot). So, therefore, maybe a redshirt is a reasonable conclusion... Oh, why bother.

What next? If only Mo would have played as smart, and hard, as the Forwards or the Guards the Shocks might have won 20 games this year? Oh, wait...
                You’ve seen him play?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You’ve seen him play?
                  He hasn't, but he guarantees you that he will never be as good as a guy who finished the season with a 93.6 ORtg, shot 39% from 2, and 30% from 3, while turning the ball over on 19% of his possessions.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

He hasn't, but he guarantees you that he will never be as good as a guy who finished the season with a 93.6 ORtg, shot 39% from 2, and 30% from 3, while turning the ball over on 19% of his possessions.
                    Oh, well who do we think we are, Missouri State?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Oh, well who do we think we are, Missouri State?
                      MSU is giving out cattle for their NIL.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

They also have major NILs in sealed envelopes just waiting to be opened
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I'll sign

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

They also have major NILs in sealed envelopes just waiting to be opened
                            Nice job

Comment

And....... He's gone.

Comment

For some reason, I find this funny and I'm not entirely sure why.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X