No announcement yet.

Jacob Wilson 6'5 PG Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes this is a very interesting conversation. Good points made by everybody. Whoa! Hard to say what position he ends up playing? I am just glad we are recruiting players that can actually dribble and pass the ball . Lol Maybe our turnovers will go down next year. Go Shocks.

Comment

Hope he IS a legit PG. If so, we can afford to be more picky with our last two scholarships. Need a 6'9 or 6'10 4/5 to go along with KP a strong rebounder/defender

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        People on here keep on harping that we need a Point Guard really bad.

--Then Wilson is compared to Paul Pressey who was a Point Guard,

Paul Pressey

Paul Matthew Pressey

Position: Shooting Guard and Small Forward â–ª Shoots: Right

6-5, 185lb (196cm, 83kg)

Born: December 24, 1958 (Age: 63-131d) in Richmond, Virginia us

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          Hope he IS a legit PG. If so, we can afford to be more picky with our last two scholarships. Need a 6'9 or 6'10 4/5 to go along with KP a strong rebounder/defender
          Well one thing is clear. The signing of Xavier Bell, Jacob Wilson, Gus Okafor, and Jaron Pierre is a significant improvement over the ability of last year players in terms of dribbling and passing. All these guys can dribble and get to the cup. Okafor is a beast and finishes through contact. And when they get fouled the new guys knock down the free throws.

Look at these numbers:

Rojas. 75%
          Pierre. 76%
          Rogers. 83%
          Okafor. 79%
          Bell. 75%
          Ballard. 2 for 6. Not enough. But he will have to improve to get to the level where these guys are.

Add that to Jalen Ricks shooting 84% , Craig Porter 73% were looking good. KP shot 64% but I don't think he ever shoots that low again. He has a good stroke and will get that up next year. I could find nothing on Abide and J Wilson.

Agree coaches need to take their time and find a good pf and true pg. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Paul Pressey

Paul Matthew Pressey

Position: Shooting Guard and Small Forward â–ª Shoots: Right

6-5, 185lb (196cm, 83kg)

Born: December 24, 1958 (Age: 63-131d) in Richmond, Virginia us
            I don't care where magazine listed him. I watched him play for 2 stinking years (LOL), and he played at the top of their full court press and brought the ball up the court. He couldn't shoot from outside (or even free throws) a "lick", but he could run, defend, handle the ball, run the break, pass and dribble,

Comment

I didn't watch him, but being at the top of a press doesn't mean anything. We put C4 there. Jamar Howard was often at the top of the press. Cooz as well. You often see long and athletic guys there. I believe Aaron Ellis was also played there often.

He may or may not have ran the offense. I have no clue as all I really know about him is what's been posted here over the years.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I didn't watch him, but being at the top of a press doesn't mean anything. We put C4 there. Jamar Howard was often at the top of the press. Cooz as well. You often see long and athletic guys there. I believe Aaron Ellis was also played there often.

He may or may not have ran the offense. I have no clue as all I really know about him is what's been posted here over the years.
                He handled the ball most of the time. He led the team in assists. He was their leading steals player. He also was a good rebounder. I've seen him listed as a forward, but under their system, he was the only player close to a Point Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't care where magazine listed him. I watched him play for 2 stinking years (LOL), and he played at the top of their full court press and brought the ball up the court. He couldn't shoot from outside (or even free throws) a "lick", but he could run, defend, handle the ball, run the break, pass and dribble,
                  ROFLMAO. Not only did Pressey play at top of their full court press , the Shocks could not even get the ball over half court. It was a night mare. For clarification I never said Jacob Wilson was Paul Pressey. I said he reminded me of Pressey. J Wilson is 6"5 has long arms, can flat out handle the ball, and disrupts the offense when his team presses. Look at videos of him making all those interceptions. I think he shoots better than Paul. OK I am done you guys go at it. Go Shocks.

Comment

I believe the term "point forward" originated with Pressey

Comment

I have no problem with that description. He led the team with almost 5 assists per game, but he also averaged 5 rebounds per game. If Craig Porter was 6'5, I would say he was a Paul Pressey type of player. CP does a lot of things well, but he does play point guard.

Comment

One of my favorite non-Shockers... he was a menace.

The Rubberbandman...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It surely did. When Pressey played for the Bucks. I don't see Pressey in this kid.

Wilson didn't look too quick from the footage I watched. Redshirt.

Comment

I'm fine with RS unless we don't find a reliable backup PG with at least two years left otherwise we might need him sooner

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

One of my favorite non-Shockers... he was a menace.

The Rubberbandman...

Holy crap. At the 30 sec mark the blown airball layup on the dope pass from Pressey is hilarious. Ha!

Comment

Tulsa had some dudes. Pressey. Harris. Shea Seals. Dang!

Comment

Working...
                                X