• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    Was JW a 3 or 4. Star?
    Article said he has not been evaluated by the recruiting services

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Plays a lot like Ricky
      Not nearly as quick or explosive but has a better looking perimeter shot. Can he keep an opposing PG in front of him? Bothers me he wasn't even rated or other schools hot after him - at least that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Not nearly as quick or explosive but has a better looking perimeter shot. Can he keep an opposing PG in front of him? Bothers me he wasn't even rated or other schools hot after him - at least that I know of.
        New Mexico St., LSU, UTEP and ? I forgot the others.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

JW is a PG.
          Only in the title of this thread and on a highlight video where he's listed as a SG/PG. He's got some handles and ability to drive against HS players. He's also got some passing skills and court vision.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Only in the title of this thread and on a highlight video where he's listed as a SG/PG. He's got some handles and ability to drive against HS players. He's also got some passing skills and court vision.
            You’ve seen him play?

Comment

Welcome aboard young man. Glad to have you as a Shocker. Your videos remind me of one WSU greatest nemesis. (Paul Pressey) Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

You’ve seen him play?
                Exactly. Some people need to pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Exactly. Some people need to pay attention.

He reminds me of Paul Pressey.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

He reminds me of Paul Pressey.

He was really good. Man did I hate him

Comment

The videos showing all those intercepted passes on the full court press brings back bad memories of Paul Pressey . I am glad he is on our team this time. .. Go Shocks.

Comment

Paul's long arms and quick hands was always creating havoc in the passing lanes.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

People on here keep on harping that we need a Point Guard really bad.

--Then Wilson is compared to Paul Pressey who was a Point Guard, and Wilson was being recruited as a Point Guard when he made his WSU visit.
                          --Additionally, our recruiting guru's list Wilson as a #3, Small Forward on our Recruiting matrix (this doesn't add up with the other recruiting information on Wilson at all).
                          --Finally, Wilson, himself says he is a Combo Guard (#1, or #2 Guard). Now this is getting confusing. Which is it?\\

He sounds to me like a player who can play more than one position, but has Point Guard skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            People on here keep on harping that we need a Point Guard really bad.

--Then Wilson is compared to Paul Pressey who was a Point Guard, and Wilson was being recruited as a Point Guard when he made his WSU visit.
                            --Additionally, our recruiting guru's list Wilson as a #3, Small Forward on our Recruiting matrix (this doesn't add up with the other recruiting information on Wilson at all).
                            --Finally, Wilson, himself says he is a Combo Guard (#1, or #2 Guard). Now this is getting confusing. Which is it?\\

He sounds to me like a player who can play more than one position, but has Point Guard skills.
                            From what I have read about Wilson, he is a combo guard. I think some might slot him into a 2/3 real simply because of his height.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

From what I have read about Wilson, he is a combo guard. I think some might slot him into a 2/3 real simply because of his height.
                              That makes sense. The problem with modern basketball is that the number of good Point Guard's who aren't combo guards just don't exist. Now there are large numbers of guards who don't have handles, and can't pass the ball or find an open man. That doesn't sound like Wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Many people slot guys because of height all of the time. I still wouldn't mind getting another PG. You can't have too many ball handlers and if this guy can also slide to either wing position, it just opens up more opportunities.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X