Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAABound
    replied

The other headliner is promising 6-7 sophomore Isaiah Philmore, who starred at St. Xavier of Junction City, KS last year, averaging 39 ppg. The 198-pounder, who relocated with his military family and whose mother is from Germany, is a sleek combo forward with 'inside-outside' skills, three-point shooting ability and a great frame that is still growing and filling out.

"He is a multi-dimensional scorer and athlete," Martin said of his top transfer. "He can score inside and out and plays with a quiet demeanor, a calm excellence but can really turn it on."

Philmore plays in the summertime for the Delaware Sharpshooters AAU program. He has a 3.3 GPA and gets after it on the glass.

"I have lived in Kansas, Germany, Alabama, all over growing up," said Philmore, who said he did not begin playing basketball seriously until the 8th grade. "I have received recruiting letters from Maryland, Kansas, also Rutgers and Kansas State early on. Maryland is a definitely a school I will be looking at."
    There was an article about St. Xavier's in the Eagle a few days ago and how they only have 5 players out for basketball...and 2 of them are girls.

Leave a comment:

• wushock
    replied
    One article said he transferred there from a high school in Kansas. Does anyone know where he came from

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Re: Isaiah Philmore

Originally posted by SubGod22
    6'6" 200 PF. Bel Aire (MD) John Carrol School. Class of '09.

Recruited by G'Town, KU, KSU, Maryland and Wichita State.
    That's an interesting list with all 3 Kansas schools... and he's not from the Midwest.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    started a topic Isaiah Philmore

Isaiah Philmore

6'6" 200 PF. Bel Aire (MD) John Carrol School. Class of '09.

Recruited by G'Town, KU, KSU, Maryland and Wichita State.
Working...
X