No announcement yet.

2022 Commits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigs inside that must be guarded by association make better shooters out of players outside. You can't afford to chase a good shooter with 2 guys if there's a big waiting inside to properly deliver rim rattling dunks on cue. I'm not saying it changes a 20% guy into Gary Cundiff, but it can make a 30% guy 36% and a 35%er 41% and THAT'S the difference, most of the time, between winning and losing.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Bigs inside that must be guarded by association make better shooters out of players outside. You can't afford to chase a good shooter with 2 guys if there's a big waiting inside to properly deliver rim rattling dunks on cue. I'm not saying it changes a 20% guy into Gary Cundiff, but it can make a 30% guy 36% and a 35%er 41% and THAT'S the difference, most of the time, between winning and losing.
      Cundiff!

Comment

Caleb Asberry would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Like to see Pohto be our 4.
          maybe if we play zone

Comment

I think I am being poked at here but I agree with "some" of both not exclusively though. A lot depends on who we sign.

Comment

Are we the only team in the conference that hasn't signed anyone yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                According to 247 only 6 of the schools in the conference have a 2022 committ

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Sports Composite Rating.

Well it says 7 because it shows Isaac Abidde as a commit for us this year lol

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I was wondering that as well. Don't we usually have a guy or 2 signed by now?
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I was wondering that as well. Don't we usually have a guy or 2 signed by now?
                    Transfer portal is a different world. Like posted above .. half the conference has no one signed for next year yet.

Comment

Yep. Teams wait out the transfers first and Freshman and JUCO guys get what's left.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Transfer portal is a different world. Like posted above .. half the conference has no one signed for next year yet.
                        I was thinking no-one signed from HS or the portal either. Houston has a 4 and 5 star and Cincinnati and UCF each have a 4 star signed already (HS kids, and not sure who they might have from the portal). Hopefully we have a couple of similar HS or portal guys close to signing.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Signing a HS kid is a huge risk these days, You have to build a roster with experienced players if you wanna compete, which relegates most freshmen to bench warming duties. Then they transfer due to lack of opportunities. I’d steer away from HS unless I had a kid that understood the program and maybe even wanted to redshirt.

Comment

I wonder if the High school kids will stop getting deprioritized once we get done having an extra class crammed onto rosters from the COVID year?

Or at least deprioritized less.

Comment

Doctor Bradley commits to Heier and NMSU. Another one bites the dust.

Comment

Working...
                              X