No announcement yet.

2022 Commits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Smith once. Very quick, got to the hole with ease, made nothing. I understand he was better the following night. Simineau is the nephew of the K-St/NFL linebacker.

Comment

Just looking at the other conference schools 2022 progress:

Cincinnati - 3 commits
      ECU - 0 commits
      Houston - 3 commits
      Memphis - 0 commits
      SMU - 2 commits
      USF - 1 signed
      Temple - 0 commits
      Tulane - 0 commits
      Tulsa - 2 signed
      UCF - 2 signed, 1 other commit

Comment

I just saw they are giving Steele a scholarship.
        Was he ever even a 1* ?
        I believe it is just for this spring though.
        Last edited by asiseeit; February 28, 2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

I have dissected the recruiting forum to gather as much info as I could regarding our recruiting for next year.

What we know is there has not been a commitment for 2022-23 yet. We also know there are no seniors (eligibility speaking) on the team. We know there are 5 juniors (Porter, Grant, Dennis, Pleasant, Udeze) that in theory could complete their degree requirements and move on after this semester. We are relatively confident Etienne will and hopefully move on. That leaves another 6 that are sophomores and freshmen, which includes the 2 redshirts. Let's also not forget we played this year with only 12 scholarship players, as Brown elected not to use the scholy that became available when Matt McFarlane left in the fall.

What we don't know is how many players will leave. I am not going to speculate at this point who will leave, as I did in another thread. I do believe there will be between 4-7 player voids to fill however. With that in mind here is what I found in terms of current offers. If somebody has additional information, please share.

Jordan Pope 6-1 PG - Prolific Prep School
          Jaquantae Harris 6-1 PG - Northwood Temple Academy
          Dantwan Grimes 6-2 PG (12th nationally ranked juco player) - Kilgore CC (playing in Hutchinson this week)
          Brian Moore 6-3 PG (19th nationally ranked juco player) - NEO CC
          Amaree Abram 6-4 SG - Southern California Academy
          DJ Jeffersson 6-5 SF - Minnesota Prep Academy (decommitted from Tulsa)
          AJ Smith 6-5 SF - Combine Academy
          Ryan Prather 6-5 SF - Liberty Heights Prep School
          Jaret Tehran Valencia 6-8 SF - Legacy School of Sports Sciences
          Keyshawn Hall 6-7 PF - Denver Prep School
          Ezra Ausar 6-8 PF - Liberty Heights Prep School
          Maro Egodotaye 6-10 C - Link Year Prep School

The following players we have shown interest in and have not offered a scholarship...WHY HAVEN'T WE OFFERED!!!

Mohamad Diarra 6-10 C - Garden City CC (2021-22 Kansas Juco Player of the Year)
          Issa Mouhamad 6-9 PF/C - Northwest Florida CC (played for Greg Heiar)

What we also don't know is how many players from the portal/graduate transfer we will chose to offer. My hope is we can get at least 2 quality players from the portal/grad transfer, although let's hope Brown scores better quality players than Pleasant and Grant from last year. Here's hoping for a recruiting class that can yield a better result than this past year.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
            I have dissected the recruiting forum to gather as much info as I could regarding our recruiting for next year.

What we know is there has not been a commitment for 2022-23 yet. We also know there are no seniors (eligibility speaking) on the team. We know there are 5 juniors (Porter, Grant, Dennis, Pleasant, Udeze) that in theory could complete their degree requirements and move on after this semester. We are relatively confident Etienne will and hopefully move on. That leaves another 6 that are sophomores and freshmen, which includes the 2 redshirts. Let's also not forget we played this year with only 12 scholarship players, as Brown elected not to use the scholy that became available when Matt McFarlane left in the fall.

What we don't know is how many players will leave. I am not going to speculate at this point who will leave, as I did in another thread. I do believe there will be between 4-7 player voids to fill however. With that in mind here is what I found in terms of current offers. If somebody has additional information, please share.

Jordan Pope 6-1 PG - Prolific Prep School
            Jaquantae Harris 6-1 PG - Northwood Temple Academy
            Dantwan Grimes 6-2 PG (12th nationally ranked juco player) - Kilgore CC (playing in Hutchinson this week)
            Brian Moore 6-3 PG (19th nationally ranked juco player) - NEO CC
            Amaree Abram 6-4 SG - Southern California Academy
            DJ Jeffersson 6-5 SF - Minnesota Prep Academy (decommitted from Tulsa)
            AJ Smith 6-5 SF - Combine Academy
            Ryan Prather 6-5 SF - Liberty Heights Prep School
            Jaret Tehran Valencia 6-8 SF - Legacy School of Sports Sciences
            Keyshawn Hall 6-7 PF - Denver Prep School
            Ezra Ausar 6-8 PF - Liberty Heights Prep School
            Maro Egodotaye 6-10 C - Link Year Prep School

The following players we have shown interest in and have not offered a scholarship...WHY HAVEN'T WE OFFERED!!!

Mohamad Diarra 6-10 C - Garden City CC (2021-22 Kansas Juco Player of the Year)
            Issa Mouhamad 6-9 PF/C - Northwest Florida CC (played for Greg Heiar)

What we also don't know is how many players from the portal/graduate transfer we will chose to offer. My hope is we can get at least 2 quality players from the portal/grad transfer, although let's hope Brown scores better quality players than Pleasant and Grant from last year. Here's hoping for a recruiting class that can yield a better result than this past year.

That seems to be a decent list. The next month will be pivotal for sure.

Comment

Any targets from the teams practicing in CKA this week? Good time for an "unofficial visit"

Comment

One of our offered recruits is currently playing in Hutch. Doctor Bradley of Salt Lake City CC has 8 points on 4-5 FG as his team in a dog fight with Odessa. With 11:11 to go in the second half Salt Lake is leading 49-48.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                  One of our offered recruits is currently playing in Hutch. Doctor Bradley of Salt Lake City CC has 8 points on 4-5 FG as his team in a dog fight with Odessa. With 11:11 to go in the second half Salt Lake is leading 49-48.
                  He's probably as much qualified as a Dr. as Ms. Beamer.

Comment

Salt Lake holds on to win 68-66 over Odessa. The Doctor, a 6-7 F, sored 12 points on 5-6 FG's and 2-2 FT's. He also contributed 3 rebounds to the winning cause.

Comment

Shockers have shown interest in NW Florida State CC 6-9, 225 lb PF Issa Mouhammad. His team is up 43-32 on Dodge City CC at half in Hutch. Mouhammad has 7 points on 3-8 shooting, 1-2 from the line and 1 rebound.

Comment

ShoxAAC, can you give us a scouting report on the guys you saw today. Do you think they can play at our level against Memphis and Houston? How well do they dribble, shoot, play defense? Your thoughts, please.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                          ShoxAAC, can you give us a scouting report on the guys you saw today. Do you think they can play at our level against Memphis and Houston? How well do they dribble, shoot, play defense? Your thoughts, please.
                          I saw the UPS man, my neighbor Matt who surprised his wife for her birthday and my brother in law because he was 2 days late on his payment to keep me quiet about what I know of him and my neighbor Matt's wife. I am on the juco site that has live stats. All I know about juco basketball in Hutch is on the world wide internet!

On a related note, NW Florida CC is leading Dodge City 88-72 with 1:21 to go. Mouhammad has scored 10 points on 4-11 FG's, 2-4 FT's and 3 rebounds.

Comment

In terms of a big man 5, here is what we currently know. We have offered or are interested in 3 post players. We have offers to high school senior Mario Egodotaye, 6-10/250. He is raw offensively, moves well, has good hands and can protect the rim. We also have an offer out to juco freshman Mohamed Wague, 6-10/210 from Harcum CC and has 3 years of eligibility. In his 2 games in Hutch this week, Wague had mixed results, but on the season averaged 15 PPG/12 RPG/3 BPG. He shot 65% from the field. We have shown interest in arguably the best juco player in the country in Mohamed Diarra from Garden City CC. The 6-10/215 Diarra averaged 17.8 PPG/12.6 RPG/2.4 BPG. I would love to get Egodotaye to develop and sign either Wague or Diarra. We don't know at this point if Udeze is returning (hope not), or if Pohto will return. I think it is a given at best only one of those is likely to return.

Comment

1. I'll take KP over MU
                              2. Diarra #1 choice

Comment

3 in the portal, 3 more to go. Given the right guys, I would like to see us sign 2 juco, 3 portal, 2 HS. Go SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X