Calvin Godfrey 6-8, Class of 2012, Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
    If we are going for a post guy, and really a center, why don't they just recruit for center, instead of going for the power forwards, and then trying to have them play center? Their must be something to the medical redshirt for Hall, since we are going for a lot of power forwards.
    or maybe Hawkins or Henry isnt going to qualify

Comment

If we are going for a post guy, and really a center, why don't they just recruit for center, instead of going for the power forwards, and then trying to have them play center? Their must be something to the medical redshirt for Hall, since we are going for a lot of power forwards.
      Good heavens -- this is almost too easy.

1. Because Hall plays center himself. In fact, many posters expect him to be WSU's starting center next year, with Orukpe as his backup, and to play maybe a few minutes at PF depending on how much Orukpe is able to contribute and how much help is needed at PF.

2. Because WSU's biggest question mark for next year is PF. White is promising but unproven; Early can play there (his juco rebounding stats are those of a PF, not a wing) but is also obviously hoping to play SF; and unless something has happened recently, Hawkins has yet to qualify and is an incoming freshman even assuming he does.

3. Power forwards worth having are a lot more readily available than centers worth having. Thus, there are more of them to recruit.

On the cutting edge as ever, Snap.

Comment

Won't that make the scholarship situation worse? If Hall gets a medical redshirt, he'll still use up a scholarship, won't he? So if they bring in another player, someone will have to give up a scholarship and there would be one less scholarship the following year that Hall would be using.

Comment

Apparently Carl Hall does not need a red shirt for this coming year. He needs to be granted a hardship for a previous year in which his eligibility clock was started, but he didn't actually play basketball... My best guess is that he will be ineligible to play if the hardship isn't granted.

Comment

that

Comment

Why has Suellentrop not wrote on Hall's possible eligibility problem? You would think that this would be public knowledge by now. I would like to know what the odds of his getting a hardship for this purpose.

Comment

If it's been talked about on here, I'm sure Sully knows. Maybe the basketball office doesn't want to talk about it right now. And until someone in the media actually brings it up, they don't have to. They may be able to simply pass it off as internet rumor since that's the only place it is. But there are obviously multiple sources that have at least heard about this issue and passed it along. Does Sully no longer have a Q&A section on the Eagle site?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's also possible that there's nothing to the "Hall issue." We've certainly seen that before with items discussed on here. Everybody's acting as if there's a possible problem based on, yes, "Internet rumor." I prefer to wait until we actually know something, which at this point we don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    It's also possible that there's nothing to the "Hall issue." We've certainly seen that before with items discussed on here. Everybody's acting as if there's a possible problem based on, yes, "Internet rumor." I prefer to wait until we actually know something, which at this point we don't.
                    Fair enough. I tend to give it more credibility due to who I heard it from and the fact that it was a month or more before someone mentioned it on here. Sully will address it at some point. He'll almost have to.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                      There's not much doubt about Godfrey's talent. He would strenghten our inside game. Very strong, good hands is the word. He is #12 on Jucojunction's top 150. Ede and James were off the radar guys. Godfrey is not off the radar by any means. Of course there is the question, has he turned the corner on his behavior? Our staff must think so as they have offered according to Rivals' database. That's good enough for me. The visit starts on Friday. I think this is probably a battle between Houston and WSU. My guess the outside chance would of been Southern Mississippi but the coaching change did that in.

Calvin visited Houston at the same time juco pg Brandon Morris visited the Cougs. One Houston fan thinks Godfrey and Morris are friends and is hoping for a commitment from both of them before the weekend. Houston appears to be in more of a need of a pg than a pf, but another inside player would help them. Missouri State is also in the hunt for Morris, who IIRC plays juco at Johnson County CC.

My prediction: If he visits he will be a Shocker.
                      For what it is worth, Morris (KCKS CC) signed with Houston today according to Twitter.
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I did some checking on the alleged friendship between Morris and Godfrey. Morris is from Louisiana, Godfrey from Wisconsin. They are not facebook friends. A Houston writer says the Coogs may take another frontcourt player or they could also use yet another guard. I get the impression they were more confident of Morris committing than Godfrey.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

You might be onto something. We should be after a 7' stud instead of these 6'8" guys. I mean, there are plenty of them around, right?

Got any leads?
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            You might be onto something. We should be after a 7' stud instead of these 6'8" guys. I mean, there are plenty of them around, right?

Got any leads?
                            A post to illustrate the meaning of your signature, rjl?

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                              I did some checking on the alleged friendship between Morris and Godfrey. Morris is from Louisiana, Godfrey from Wisconsin. They are not facebook friends. A Houston writer says the Coogs may take another frontcourt player or they could also use yet another guard. I get the impression they were more confident of Morris committing than Godfrey.
                              Houston added two guards... Morris and Tione Womack.

Comment

I believe his twitter is @calgod15, I'm assuming this since there is a photo of a coach with Howard players around him. I believe he is visiting Wichita this weekend but I didn't see anything about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X