Calvin Godfrey 6-8, Class of 2012, Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin Godfrey 6-8, Class of 2012, Offered

The transfer from Iowa State, who is currently at Howard J.C. in Texas is being looked at by the Shockers, Boise Sate, Houston and Southern Mississippi. Rivals list him as a SF but his JC coach saysGodfrey likes to work in the paint. He is averaging over 12 ppg and 6.5rpg.

In the fast lane

wasnt he kicked out of Iowa St?

Comment

Arrested for marijuana possession, which finished his career after a suspension for multiple rules violations. I'd be surprised if WSU is really interested, but if they are I have to assume he has demonstrably cleaned up his act -- I don't get the impression that Marshall and his staff are big on halfway house guys..

Comment

Godfrey visited Houston last weekend. More visits coming up.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Scheduled to visit WSU this weekend.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Averaged 5.7 pts and 5.4 rebounds as a freshman at Iowa State.

This just proves he can dunk, ha!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This shows him running the floor (AT 28 SECOND MARK)

1: Kansas State's Curtis Kelly spun inside the paint and delivered a monster jam in the Wildcats' win over Texas Tech. 2: Iowa State's Calvin Godfrey receive...

that was all the video I could find

Comment

Calvin is a power forward. That is the position he played at Iowa State and at Howard. Good athlete, strong but a bit of a head case assuming he hasn't changed much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                Averaged 5.7 pts and 5.4 rebounds as a freshman at Iowa State.

This just proves he can dunk, ha!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This shows him running the floor (AT 28 SECOND MARK)

1: Kansas State's Curtis Kelly spun inside the paint and delivered a monster jam in the Wildcats' win over Texas Tech. 2: Iowa State's Calvin Godfrey receive...

that was all the video I could find
                Could anyone find some statistics from Howard Jr. College?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  Could anyone find some statistics from Howard Jr. College?
                  Don't have time to summarize right now.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Sorry, I just re-read the top post and saw the stats at Howard.

Comment

From JucoJunction's message board. Bret is the site administrator.

"Bret

Post #2648

Re: Bret- Calvin Godrey update?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Visited Houston this past weekend - suppose to be in Shocker Land this coming weekend"
                      In the fast lane

Comment

i guess we really need a backup post players...hope this does not turn into a forced signing like Ede and Anc's like last spring!

Comment

There's not much doubt about Godfrey's talent. He would strenghten our inside game. Very strong, good hands is the word. He is #12 on Jucojunction's top 150. Ede and James were off the radar guys. Godfrey is not off the radar by any means. Of course there is the question, has he turned the corner on his behavior? Our staff must think so as they have offered according to Rivals' database. That's good enough for me. The visit starts on Friday. I think this is probably a battle between Houston and WSU. My guess the outside chance would of been Southern Mississippi but the coaching change did that in.

Calvin visited Houston at the same time juco pg Brandon Morris visited the Cougs. One Houston fan thinks Godfrey and Morris are friends and is hoping for a commitment from both of them before the weekend. Houston appears to be in more of a need of a pg than a pf, but another inside player would help them. Missouri State is also in the hunt for Morris, who IIRC plays juco at Johnson County CC.

My prediction: If he visits he will be a Shocker.
                          Last edited by tropicalshox; April 17, 2012, 06:47 PM.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

so our junior class could end up being all Junior College players...no pun intended?!? Looks like a good bandage and fix of a broken class!!

Comment

If we are going for a post guy, and really a center, why don't they just recruit for center, instead of going for the power forwards, and then trying to have them play center? Their must be something to the medical redshirt for Hall, since we are going for a lot of power forwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X