Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Correct. I got confused (easily done) when WuShock Reaper started a second "Trevor McBride is a Shocker" thread. One from 3 weeks ago and another 3 days ago. Could an Admin please combine these 2 threads?
    Maybe when a player commits the thread can be moved from the recruiting forum to the basketball forum.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• An article spreading some light into Melvion Flanagan's relationship with IB

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
        An article spreading some light into Melvion Flanagan's relationship with IB

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...261629327.html
        But when the assistant coach who recruited him, Noah Croak, left for a job at Tarleton State, Flanagan said the head coach at Prairie View A&M never returned his messages. He took that as a sign the program was no longer interested.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
        Yikes ... a head coach ghosting a committed recruit because his assistant left?

Watching the video in that article .. not expecting a ton from him during games. Lots of his shots were quick pull ups from pretty far out. That said, if he can be a good defensive guard for practice .. its a low risk situation for a walk on.

Also .. something about his shot just looks off. Its got some "flailing" aspect to it ... like he waits too long to release so it has more of a "chucking" look to it vs a smooth shot.

Comment

• Transfer Portal for Playing Time @TP4PT

2021-22 Transfer Portal Breakdown
          Freshman: 378 D1 players are still in the portal, 698 total went in.
          Sophomores: 221 D1 players are still in the portal, 439 total went in.
          Juniors: 233 D1 players are still in the portal, 488 total went in.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Transfer Portal for Playing Time @TP4PT

They goin league!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

They goin league!!!
              Just not sure what league

Comment

• Some are going to end up going to the Y-League.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Transfer Portal for Playing Time @TP4PT

I just hope that, at what ever level, they humble themselves (if necessary) to make sure they get an education.

Comment

• Yet another cautionary tale of the grass isn't always greener. Qudus Wahab played his Freshman and Sophomore years at Georgetown. Averaged 12.7 points and 8.2 rebounds per game playing 28 minutes per game as a Sophomore. Transferred to Maryland and averaged 7.7 points and 5.6 rebounds playing 19 minutes per game at Maryland last season. He is now transferring back to Georgetown.

Comment

• 2021-22 Transfer Portal Breakdown

Any way to track how many open D-1 scholarships are still available?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          As expected. Had been rumored for a few weeks he was headed to OU. I think he was letting the NBA evaluation thing play out. I think he will excel in Porter Moser's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

As expected. Had been rumored for a few weeks he was headed to OU. I think he will excel in Porter Moser's system.
                            The bigger question is if the TEAM excels. I always appreciated Grant’s talent and abilities. However, his leadership qualities were a weakness at the time he played here. I think the players might have seen him as a “me first” player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The bigger question is if the TEAM excels. I always appreciated Grant’s talent and abilities. However, his leadership qualities were a weakness at the time he played here. I think the players might have seen him as a “me first” player.
                              Could be true. I tend to think that was part of it, but I also think that team had some major chemistry issues (i.e. TP) and that some players just were over it and didn't see a path forward here so they bolted.

Comment

• Team chemistry was a problem. Some wanted to continue to play for GM. Wade, Tyson, Jamie seemed to be Marshall followers. Dexter came back. A couple probably weren’t Div. 1 potential. Morris was upset he didn’t get playing time behind Jamie. The strange thing was we were 20-6, and on the bubble to the NCAA Tournament so it wasn’t a losing team. Our two point guards didn’t work together, and I think they and mostly Grant were the reason for not meshing.

Comment

Working...
                                X