• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Here's Bryant's coach, Jared Grosso.

I'll let you make your own assumptions.
    Fahgetaboutit paison...

Comment

• Gideon George and Caleb Lohner from BYU in the portal. Couple of good ones to keep an eye on:

View the profile of BYU Cougars Forward Gideon George on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

View the profile of Baylor Bears Forward Caleb Lohner on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Good looking, but he's another 1-year guy. take him if we can get him, but then we still need a PG with some eligibility past next year.
        Why is he a 1-year guy? He'll be a junior next year given the "covid year". He and Porter could easily play at the same time. Both have decent offensive numbers. No different than picking up a JUCO PG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Why is he a 1-year guy? He'll be a junior next year given the "covid year". He and Porter could easily play at the same time. Both have decent offensive numbers. No different than picking up a JUCO PG.
          My bad. I did a copy/paste to do a web search and evidently didn't get the copy to work. I probably ended up doing a search for the previous player in my clipboard, who was definitely a one-year guy. I've edited my earlier post to show my mistake.

this guy would be an outstanding fit class-wise.

Comment

• c’mon dood… they’re all one year guys now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I'm afraid everyone is a 1 year guy at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm afraid everyone is a 1 year guy at this point.
                Rather than saying "potentially" all the time, I'm just going to assume they may be here for their allowed tenure. Crazy, I know.

Comment

• Keonte Kennedy - 6'5" 185 LB Guard - UTEP:
                  • 14.1 ppg
                  • 6.1 rpg
                  • 1.8 apg
                  • 1.8 steals per game
                  • 42% from FG
                  • 32% from three
                  • Three years of eligibility
                  • 4 star out of high school. Spent a year at Xavier before transferring to UTEP.
                  https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...keonte-kennedy

Comment

• Shakeel Moore - 6'1" 185 LB Guard - Mississippi State:
                    • 4 star out of high school offered by WSU.
                    • 8.7 ppg
                    • 3.0 rpg
                    • 2.2 apg
                    • 1.6 steals per game
                    • 40% from FG
                    • 31% from three
                    • Three years of eligibility
                    • Spent one year at NC State before transferring to Miss State before last season.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../shakeel-moore

Comment

• He looks like the missing third brother from Everybody Loves Raymond.

Comment

• Add Tre Mitchell, PF from Texas:

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

This is old school basketball. It your two bigs, even one, are constantly camped in the paint it clogs up the middle so your dribble drivers can't operate/attack the rim effectively and our two best offensive options are CP and RC taking it to the rim. The days of traditional PF's are behind us unless you have a five who can shoot to draw out the opponents center. This is why KP is going to be so valuable in the future - the coach just needs to learn how to use his shooting ability. Nowadays, most teams look for PF's that are stretch forwards meaning they can shoot which stretches out the offense AND defense resulting in wider spacing and more room for your dribble drivers. Either the four or the five MUST be a perimeter threat which is why I called all season long for KP to play the four ( Mo not a perimeter threat ). I'm fine with KP at C but only if we have stretch fours that are a perimeter threat.
                          And you need someone to rebound. Need your bigs for that. Also you don’t want your Biggs shooting 3’s. KP’s 3 average wouldn’t be considered good if he was a guard ; recruit 40% 3 point shooting guards that take most of your 3s. A team has to have rebounding and someone to clog the lane when the opponent is driving. They can block out or slide over to not “clog the lane” on offense when the guards drive.

Comment

• Rojas is a stud. 5.5 points a game in the SEC in 13 mins is 11 points a game as a starter with 26 mins. 11/game in the SEC is possibly 15+ In the AAC. And he plays like a Tekelle Cotton or Evan Wessell in doing the dirty work. Tough get. Fantastic get. Crazy to see anyone on here not understand this.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                              Rojas is a stud. 5.5 points a game in the SEC in 13 mins is 11 points a game as a starter with 26 mins. 11/game in the SEC is possibly 15+ In the AAC. And he plays like a Tekelle Cotton or Evan Wessell in doing the dirty work. Tough get. Fantastic get. Crazy to see anyone on here not understand this.
                              See injury history...

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                                Rojas is a stud. 5.5 points a game in the SEC in 13 mins is 11 points a game as a starter with 26 mins. 11/game in the SEC is possibly 15+ In the AAC. And he plays like a Tekelle Cotton or Evan Wessell in doing the dirty work. Tough get. Fantastic get. Crazy to see anyone on here not understand this.
                                I agree that his play in low minutes show that he can still produce. However, I seriously doubt that he is a 26 minutes a game player any longer with his injuries. Maybe 18-20 minutes is a high expectation at the most. If he is a valuable piece, his ability to finish a game in the last 5 minutes would be really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X