X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Has college basketball hit last year’s transfer portal mark yet?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Has college basketball hit last year’s transfer portal mark yet?
            I don't believe so. I think it is close though.

Edit: There were 1,740 last year. So far this year we are at 1,218 and climbing.

Comment

• That May 1st deadline date could get real interesting for those testing the NBA waters over the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

That May 1st deadline date could get real interesting for those testing the NBA waters over the summer.
                The deadline doesn't prevent them from transferring and requesting a waiver. Some schools have better luck than others with that ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Juwan Gary - 6'6" 218 LB Forward - Alabama:
                  • 6.5 ppg
                  • 3.4 rpg
                  • 51% from fg
                  • 22% from three
                  • Sophomore last season
                  • Originally from Columbia, SC
                  https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/juwan-gary

View the profile of Nebraska Cornhuskers Forward Juwan Gary on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

19 points and 4 rebounds against Houston earlier last season (see highlight video below)

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Bada Bing Bada Boom...

Comment

• I'm sorry if this has been covered but how does this crap work now? If a kid is in the portal do they sign any kind of letter of intent similar to how they would have out of high school? If not, what's to keep them from switching again? And they have to be in the portal by May 1, but when do they have to make a decision? I guess before school starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                        And they have to be in the portal by May 1, but when do they have to make a decision? I guess before school starts?
                        I can't get tweets to embed on the website, but the following is from the tweet I posted above... I could be misunderstanding the tweet?

"It's important to note that starting this year, the NCAA deadline for transferring with immediate eligibility is May 1, not July 1 as it was last year. The next three weeks are going to be crazy, but that May 1 date is a huge help for coaches trying to finalize their rosters."

Hang on sloopy!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I can't get tweets to embed on the website, but the following is from the tweet I posted above... I could be misunderstanding the tweet?

"It's important to note that starting this year, the NCAA deadline for transferring with immediate eligibility is May 1, not July 1 as it was last year. The next three weeks are going to be crazy, but that May 1 date is a huge help for coaches trying to finalize their rosters."

Hang on sloopy!

I am having the same issue with Tweets and imbedding in to posts. It used to work and doesn't seem to anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I am having the same issue with Tweets and imbedding in to posts. It used to work and doesn't seem to anymore.
                            I've noticed that copying Twitter links now adds a ? And a bunch of random letters/numbers at the end. If you delete off the ? And everything after it then it works
                            so one above was this

https://twitter. com/cdortch/status/1512061726799323139?s=21&t=zxKzDLm_C5yxJEwAz2VT6g

Make it

https://twitter. com/cdortch/status/1512061726799323139

Then embed it like normal and it works

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I've noticed that copying Twitter links now adds a ? And a bunch of random letters/numbers at the end. If you delete off the ? And everything after it then it works
                              so one above was this

https://twitter. com/cdortch/status/1512061726799323139?s=21&t=zxKzDLm_C5yxJEwAz2VT6g

Make it

https://twitter. com/cdortch/status/1512061726799323139

Then embed it like normal and it works

Interesting. I will have to try that. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                My .02 cents (someone of it guesswork based on patterns of behavior): I think we could be focusing Portal efforts in two major categories-players in the SE United States (maybe Texas too) whom IB and Waterman have some sort of connection with (knows coaches, relatives, or AAU program) and local kids who want to get closer to home. I think Lou is the primary juco guy and is probably the lead recruiter in that category. I wouldn't be surprised if IB had two or three HS guys he is primarily targeting and that is it.

Now this could all be wrong but it merits watching.
                                Chalk up one category today> Let's see how I do in the other categories.

Comment

Working...
                                X