Tre King - 6'9 F, Georgetown, EKU transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Youre right. We will see. Kenny was playing against a very short team. Not against big guys. You’re describing Anton Grady as a shot blocker, who wasn’t explosive although effective as a player. I’m talking a Cliff Levingston type of explosiveness. Two totally different things.
    Anton Grady was not 6’11 so that’s definitely not who I’m describing.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Anton Grady was not 6’11 so that’s definitely not who I’m describing.
      Tim Duncan.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shockm Will you be keeping your own block stats this year since only those achieved through athleticism, not length, good positioning and timing, and against players of a certain height qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Tim Duncan.
          Love the comparison. Very similar on court demeanor too from what I’ve seen so far.

Comment

Is Cliff Levingston even the gold standard of shot blocking at WSU?

From what I can tell that would be Antoine Carr. He was definitely explosively athletic.

Shaq is in the top 10. I consider him explosive, especially for his size. He kind of had to be because he was shorter than a typical 5.

Stutz, Echinique and Orukpe are all in the top 10 and I wouldn’t call any of them explosive from a leaping standpoint.

I guess my point is there’s more than one route to get to Koch arena.

Comment

Shaq is in the top 10. I consider him explosive, especially for his size. He kind of had to be because he was shorter than a typical 5.
              Who?

Comment

From what I can tell that would be Antoine Carr. He was definitely explosively athletic.

Stutz, Echinique and Orukpe are all in the top 10 and I wouldn’t call any of them explosive from a leaping standpoint.

I guess my point is there’s more than one route to get to Koch arena.
                Gold standard would be Robert Elmore.

Comment

Arguably the gold standard of shot blocking at WSU is probabldy Gene Wiley. At least measured by the 1961-62 season.

There have been only 11 triple doubles in Shocker school history. 4 by Warren Armstrong, 1 by Dave Stallworth, 1 by Terry Benton and 1 by Fred Van Vleet. Those 7 TD's were all points-rebdounds and assists. Gene Wiley had TD's in his career but they were points, rebounds and blocked shots. Those games came against Purdue, Santa Clara, Tulsa and Louisville. Gene owns the top 6 and 7 of the top 11 games in blocks in school history.

Gene still holds the single season record with 80 blocks in 25 games (3.2 per game). Robert Elmore is 2nd with 69 in 28 games (2.46 per game) and Antoine Carr is 3rd with 65 in 33 games (1.97 per game).

Antoine Carr had the best career with 209 blocks in 112 games (1.87). Robert Elmore had 132 in 84 games (1.57 per game). Gene had 105 in 70 games (1.5 per game).

These are the 3 big dogs in shot blocking at WSU including the Big Dog.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Arguably the gold standard of shot blocking at WSU is probabldy Gene Wiley. At least measured by the 1961-62 season.

There have been only 11 triple doubles in Shocker school history. 4 by Warren Armstrong, 1 by Dave Stallworth, 1 by Terry Benton and 1 by Fred Van Vleet. Those 7 TD's were all points-rebdounds and assists. Gene Wiley had TD's in his career but they were points, rebounds and blocked shots. Those games came against Purdue, Santa Clara, Tulsa and Louisville. Gene owns the top 6 and 7 of the top 11 games in blocks in school history.

Gene still holds the single season record with 80 blocks in 25 games (3.2 per game). Robert Elmore is 2nd with 69 in 28 games (2.46 per game) and Antoine Carr is 3rd with 65 in 33 games (1.97 per game).

Antoine Carr had the best career with 209 blocks in 112 games (1.87). Robert Elmore had 132 in 84 games (1.57 per game). Gene had 105 in 70 games (1.5 per game).

These are the 3 big dogs in shot blocking at WSU including the Big Dog.
                    Any forward in Shocker history who averaged 1.0-1.5 Big would be a good comparison. I’m not stuck on Cliff, or AC, but I know it’s better than Anton Grady.

Comment

Any forward in Shocker history who averaged 1.0-1.5 Big would be a good comparison. I’m not stuck on Cliff, or AC, but I know it’s better than Anton Grady.
                      Cliff doesn't meet your standard with 62 blocks in 91 games (0.68 per game) Anton Grady had 20 block in 31 games (0.65 per game). Neither of these guys are in the discussion for gold standard of shot blocking. Now rebounding is different story. Cliff definitely in that discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Cliff doesn't meet your standard with 62 blocks in 91 games (0.68 per game) Anton Grady had 20 block in 31 games (0.65 per game). Neither of these guys are in the discussion for gold standard of shot blocking. Now rebounding is different story. Cliff definitely in that discussion.
                        Evidently, you don’t have a good feeling about Tre King as a shot blocker. I’m just searching for a former Shocker who is similar to him on bpg, which would be 1-1.5.

As for Cliff and rebounding, I just wish that Mo Udeze had Cliff’s rebounding in him. They are similar size wise.

Comment

Evidently, you don’t have a good feeling about Tre King as a shot blocker. I’m just searching for a former Shocker who is similar to him on bpg, which would be 1-1.5.

As for Cliff and rebounding, I just wish that Mo Udeze had Cliff’s rebounding in him. They are similar size wise.
                          Tre King isn’t even at 1-1.5 blocks per game for his career. He has one season in three where he hit that range when he averaged 1.2.

Jaime Echinique is the last Shocker to average more than one block per game with 1.6. The site doesn’t break out his blocks by shooter height so no telling if they were all legit. Echinique not what I would call an explosive athlete.
                          Last edited by pie n eye; November 8, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Thank goodness these old fuddy-duddies know about our old school centers and their blocked shots.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Blocks per minute, Ehimen is the gold standard :)
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Love the comparison. Very similar on court demeanor too from what I’ve seen so far.
                                Similar demeanor? Let's hope, because if that's the case...

Comment

Working...
                                X