No announcement yet.

Kenny Pohto 6'11 C 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel better every day that our post situation behind Mo is going to improve this year. That’s one piece of the puzzle to repeat, or hopefully improve on last year.

The other pieces being PG, shooting and rebounding.

Comment

• New nickname:

Kenny "The Stache" Pohto

Comment

• Comment

• Kenny's size advantage certainly didn't hurt him in this event. Still nice performance for KP. Certainly seems capable of stretching the defense with his perimeter shot.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; July 27, 2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Sunrise coach said they mainly used him on the perimeter to clear the lane. He's got to be guarded on the perimeter.

This year's Fr class includes Pohto, Council, Jenkins, and Ricks. Ya think maybe Council and Jenkins might like not having a big guy around the basket when they go to the hole?

Comment

• If you look at the scores on some of those shots, KP was clutch. Especially the big trey down 60-59 to give Sweden the lead for good in the 4th.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I said it early on and will say it again, Pohto will be a factor this year.

We'll see how his post game works against bigger guys, but his range will be valuable as well as his D and rebounding. He's going to play.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Kenny is our future in the middle. Reminds me a little of Echenique. It’s gonna be tough for him to get a lot of playing time this year with the old men we have, but he’s gonna be a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    Kenny is our future in the middle. Reminds me a little of Echenique. It’s gonna be tough for him to get a lot of playing time this year with the old men we have, but he’s gonna be a good one.
                    What old men? We have Udeze with experience, but no range and not the greatest defender. Outside of that we have a JUCO x-fer who I like on tape and brings in much more athleticism and then..... Unless we're going to continue to play small and use Pleasant as a 5 man, which I hope isn't the case. There are minutes to be had at the 5. Roughly 20 a game. I have a hard time believing he's not going to see a fair portion of that.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                      I feel better every day that our post situation behind Mo is going to improve this year. That’s one piece of the puzzle to repeat, or hopefully improve on last year.

The other pieces being PG, shooting and rebounding.
                      I think you might be right about our front line. I hope we got rim protectors and rebounders this year. Right now our reputation is that our front line is SOFT. But let me share a recent experience I had the other day with a chickenhawk fan. Normally I don't talk to them because they are so full of sht. But I was in a store and could not get away from this person. They asked about WSU recruiting and I said all of us were pretty high on it. Right away he said that WSU recruiting was not ranked high. When I mention Matt Mcfarland was from Philly he said he must not be very good. I said how do you know? He said if he was any good he doesn't see how WSU could get a guy out out of Philly if Jay Wright from Villanova wanted him. Once again establishing why I don't talk to them or kitty cat fans. But I did think of Ron Baker when he said McFarland wasn't recruited very hard.

Speaking of McFarland, his time with the weights this summer seems to be working. In some of the photos I have seen, he looks like he is muscling up. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

What old men? We have Udeze with experience, but no range and not the greatest defender. Outside of that we have a JUCO x-fer who I like on tape and brings in much more athleticism and then..... Unless we're going to continue to play small and use Pleasant as a 5 man, which I hope isn't the case. There are minutes to be had at the 5. Roughly 20 a game. I have a hard time believing he's not going to see a fair portion of that.
                        we all know how long it takes freshmen to adapt to D1, especially the big guys. I'm just saying be patient. The minutes are Mo's to lose and probably McFarland and/or Pleasant after that. No knock on Kenny, but he's young and thin, and I'm not discounting his skillset.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

I think you might be right about our front line. I hope we got rim protectors and rebounders this year. Right now our reputation is that our front line is SOFT. But let me share a recent experience I had the other day with a chickenhawk fan. Normally I don't talk to them because they are so full of sht. But I was in a store and could not get away from this person. They asked about WSU recruiting and I said all of us were pretty high on it. Right away he said that WSU recruiting was not ranked high. When I mention Matt Mcfarland was from Philly he said he must not be very good. I said how do you know? He said if he was any good he doesn't see how WSU could get a guy out out of Philly if Jay Wright from Villanova wanted him. Once again establishing why I don't talk to them or kitty cat fans. But I did think of Ron Baker when he said McFarland wasn't recruited very hard.

Speaking of McFarland, his time with the weights this summer seems to be working. In some of the photos I have seen, he looks like he is muscling up. Go Shocks.
                          C'mon man, give the chickens some love...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Me and D. Dakich must have watched a different M. Udeze than you did. Unless my eyes are tricking me Mo's D won a couple of games for WSU this year.

He was a very effective 6'8" center. You just don't see too many of those these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

we all know how long it takes freshmen to adapt to D1, especially the big guys. I'm just saying be patient. The minutes are Mo's to lose and probably McFarland and/or Pleasant after that. No knock on Kenny, but he's young and thin, and I'm not discounting his skillset.
                              I agree with the patience. I do think Kenny will be a factor in the post rotation along with McFarland this year behind Mo.

I wonder about Pleasant at the 5. I know we played Tre there some last year out of complete necessity. I don’t recall how it worked out one way or the other.

Kenny might still need to pack on some muscles but he never struck me as thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Me and D. Dakich must have watched a different M. Udeze than you did. Unless my eyes are tricking me Mo's D won a couple of games for WSU this year.

He was a very effective 6'8" center. You just don't see too many of those these days.
                                Mo has very long arms, great mobility and footwork. Any lapses in defense were usually in pick and roll which are correctable. I look for Mo to have another really nice year in 21-22 and be a main cog.

Comment

Working...
                                X