Kenny Pohto 6'11 C 2021 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

A positional rebounder (like Pohto and Udeze) is fine if he's getting his man blocked out. Then guys like Monzy, Pleasant, McFarlane, Dex and RC4 can swoop into the void and grab the rebound if they can't.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• When Marshall's teams were rebounding well, the big guys were boxing out, and quite often it was the guards getting the ball after the bigs opened up the rebounding areas with box outs. That's how Stevenson got his boards. He was good at getting inside the box outs. I can't believe I used the words "Stevenson" and "good" in the same sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

With two hands; just the way GGG coaches it...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
          When Marshall's teams were rebounding well, the big guys were boxing out, and quite often it was the guards getting the ball after the bigs opened up the rebounding areas with box outs. That's how Stevenson got his boards. He was good at getting inside the box outs. I can't believe I used the words "Stevenson" and "good" in the same sentence.
          Don't remember that at all.

But I do remember watching him chasing somebody down from the other team from behind after he had just made a stupid pass, or an ill advised stupid-long 3 carom went to the other guys, and then hacking the ever lovin' **** out of 'em...

Still glad that no-good god**mn hacker's gone.

Comment

• Clarification of my earlier post: Stevenson was good at getting inside WSU's box outs to get defensive rebounds when the big guys had the offensive rebounders boxed out, but only when he wasn't pouting, or had his spirit broken, or his Dad was involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              Clarification of my earlier post: Stevenson was good at getting inside WSU's box outs to get defensive rebounds when the big guys had the offensive rebounders boxed out, but only when he wasn't pouting, or had his spirit broken, or his Dad was involved.
              Nuance is important for clarity.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Stevenson was an above average rebounder who often snagged boards outside his area. It obviously didn’t make up for his various other issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  Stevenson was an above average rebounder who often snagged boards outside his area. It obviously didn’t make up for his various other issues.
                  Nope, too flattering.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• Is his game comparable to Tim Duncan, the big fundamental?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Is his game comparable to Tim Duncan, the big fundamental?
                        Let's hope he's that competitive. Or sorta close anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Looks like his vertical is comparable to Garrett Stutz.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Looks like his vertical is comparable to Garrett Stutz.
                            Kenny's bigger and stronger than Garrett was as a Freshman, and I think he will get bigger and stronger.

Garrett's greatest strength imo was his "character" and team oriented style. His weakness was he was too nice on the court.

Kenny's standing reach from the floor is practically 9'. He doesn't have to jump high. If he jumps just 24", it puts him up to 11'. Although he doesn't get up quick like McFarlan, and he probably jumps better with a step, that's plenty high.

Comment

• Kenny has about 3” of elevation on his jump shot. Even though he’s really tall, his somewhat low release will get blocked by athletic players 6’5” and above if he doesn’t correct this part of his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Kenny has about 3” of elevation on his jump shot. Even though he’s really tall, his somewhat low release will get blocked by athletic players 6’5” and above if he doesn’t correct this part of his game.
                                What did you see that I may have missed? Are you talking about his wide open 3 point shots from 22'? There are lots of guys who don't have perfect shots, but if they are wide open there aren't problems. I don't see 6'5" posts usually guarding him, but if they do, he must learn to post them up down low, and use his large body leverage.

Comment

Working...
                                X