No announcement yet.

Mikey Saunders Jr. 6'0 PG Cincinnati Transfer to Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saunders with 20 points on 5-6 from the field and 9-10 from FT. Shooting 53% on the year and 50% from three. Looks like he learned how to shoot.

Comment

• Posting here since there is already a thread and we were supposedly close to landing Saunders last summer as well.

Averaged 7.3 points, 2.7 boards, and 2.5 assists per game last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Posting here since there is already a thread and we were supposedly close to landing Saunders last summer as well.

Averaged 7.3 points, 2.7 boards, and 2.5 assists per game last year.
        It would be easier to list the schools these dudes haven't heard from. Sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

It would be easier to list the schools these dudes haven't heard from. Sheesh.
          It does seem a bit discouraging when there are so many schools involved. However, I think this is notable because we made his final 3 last summer (along with BYU).

Comment

• Would take him in a NY minute.

Comment

• One of the Cincy posters on the AAC board said they thought BYU would be the landing spot. No idea how connected they are though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                One of the Cincy posters on the AAC board said they thought BYU would be the landing spot. No idea how connected they are though.
                Gotta be the Mormon heritage… the blonde hair.

Mike pumpin' iron...

Last edited by WstateU; March 22, 2022, 02:51 PM.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  One of the Cincy posters on the AAC board said they thought BYU would be the landing spot. No idea how connected they are though.
                  He was high on them before going back to Cincy last year. I believe the consensus was it was a toss up between WSU and BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Gotta be the Mormon heritage… the blonde hair.
                    He did play HS ball at Wasatch Academy in Utah.

Comment

• I think one of the biggest things a program needs to attracti high quality players out of the portal is a good shot at making the NCAA Tournament with a shot at winning a game or two. Perhaps being a lock to make the NIT as a consolation prize a secondary consideration, although I doubt many of these guys are giving that a second thought.

That pretty much leaves WSU in a relatively weak position.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 22, 2022, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I think one of the biggest things a program needs to attracti high quality players out of the portal is a good shot at making the NCAA Tournament with a shot at winning a game or two. Perhaps being a lock to make the NIT as a consolation prize a secondary consideration, although I doubt many of these guys are giving that a second thought.

That pretty much leave WSU in a relatively weak position.
                        Yep. Especially for seniors looking for one last grad year to make the dance.

Comment

• Commits to Utah

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I think one of the biggest things a program needs to attracti high quality players out of the portal is a good shot at making the NCAA Tournament with a shot at winning a game or two. Perhaps being a lock to make the NIT as a consolation prize a secondary consideration, although I doubt many of these guys are giving that a second thought.

That pretty much leaves WSU in a relatively weak position.
                            I’d say that’s true if we’re trying to get the top guys in the portal. There are a lot of guys in the portal that just want to get off the pine. Ideally, they all go to Top 25 programs, but there’s just not that many open slots.

Comment

• Probably true of all grad transfers.

Comment

Working...
                              X