Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qua Grant 6'1 PG West Texas A&M (D2) a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

How about the best *ever* out of Canyon?

Seriously though, this kid looks to me like a John Bagley clone, whom displayed almost preternatural offensive skill back in the day.

John Bagley had a sweet midrange pull up shot. I wish more kids would develop that shot. Let me be more clear, I hope some of our shocker players develop and take that shot.

Comment

• Qua's size, strength, makeup and game is so obviously completely translatable to DI. His list of suitors and unsolicited praise from basketball analysts with no relationship to DII ball is telling. I believe somebody once said "winners win." This guy is a winner. Plus we still have 4 schollys left and there are a lot of signing dominos yet to fall. We're in good shape here.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Would anyone have taken Keshun Sherrill back in 2016? Of course, we were still in the Valley at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Would anyone have taken Keshun Sherrill back in 2016? Of course, we were still in the Valley at that time.
          I’m behind I guess but I don’t know who this is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m behind I guess but I don’t know who this is.
            He is the 5-9 guard for D-2 Augusta University who put up 33 points (20 in the 2nd half) in an exhibition game on the Shocks at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. That Shocker team who ended up going 31-5 that season had no answers for him that night. He averaged 22.6 PPG for August that year which was his senior season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Would anyone have taken Keshun Sherrill back in 2016? Of course, we were still in the Valley at that time.
              So the correct answer is supposed to be yes, even though I don’t remember him, nor do I care? A lot of questions follow. Was he really good after that night? How good and how consistent was he after? You may be the only person or less than 1% who remembers him. Does that say more about you or us?

i would be really hesitant to bring in a 5’9” Guard in to play at WSU. He would have to be really really special.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• After the Pohto pickup along with Pleasant and McFarland, I felt like PG was our last big question mark. After reviewing this thread and watching his last two year’s worth of highlights, I’m not sure he isn’t the answer to our PG concerns.

I understand the concern around the Joe Rags comps but I don’t think they are valid.

Qua plays point guard like Lev Bell played RB in his prime. His ability to patiently set things up, change direction laterally, pick his spot and get vertical in a hurry jumps off the screen.

He appears to be incredibly strong and balanced through contact. That’s the difference between Qua and Joe. Rags would end up in the third row when he would try to jump into a big. Qua can take the hit, adjust and get the ball up. His ability to get to the rim and finish is going to translate to high D1. Bank on it.

He reminds me a lot of Fred with his below the rim strength and he is a little quicker and more explosive than Fred. If he can stay under control and slow the game down a little, he can be special at the one.

Any prowess from behind the arc is just a bonus. His ball skills, defense and knack for rebounding will keep him on the court.

Comment

• It’s dangerous of make Fred comparisons but he’s a mix of Malcolm and Fred. Fred controls a game with his pace, change of speed, hand speed, smarts, and ability to use and his body in traffic. Malcolm had a nice three point stroke but was more of a bullrush PG, like a linebacker. Qua looks like he has some of that bullrush in his but he also has some nice moves and uses his body more like Fred. I’m really excited about this kid.

Comment

• Malcolm had a signature move that brought him a lot of points. One on one he would drive to the basket and had a quasi, lay up/hook shot off the back board that was almost impossible to guard or block and he made most of them. Clear out the lane and let him take his man m/m to the basket was a winner.

Comment

Working...
                      X