Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qua Grant 6'1 PG West Texas A&M (D2) a Shocker!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Qua Grant 6'1 PG West Texas A&M (D2) a Shocker!

    2 years of eligibility remaining. Averaged 22 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists last season at West Texas A&M. 1.3 assist/turnover ratio. From Waxahachie, Texas.

    Qua Grant - 2020-21 - Men's Basketball - West Texas A&M University Athletics (gobuffsgo.com)

    2020-21 Men's Basketball Cumulative Statistics - West Texas A&M University Athletics (gobuffsgo.com)



  • #2
    Freshman - 36.7% on 150 attempts
    Sophomore - 33.5% on 170 attempts
    Junior - 38.4% on 138 attempts

    Those are his three point shooting numbers. Yes, please.

    Doesn’t make much sense from a class balance perspective with Craig and Tyson both in the junior class next year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Freshman - 36.7% on 150 attempts
      Sophomore - 33.5% on 170 attempts
      Junior - 38.4% on 138 attempts

      Those are his three point shooting numbers. Yes, please.

      Doesn’t make much sense from a class balance perspective with Craig and Tyson both in the junior class next year.
      D-II though.
      Livin the dream

      Comment


      • #4
        I kind of get SHJ vibes from this one. He can score and sometimes it looks nice, but maybe not the point guard we need. His A/TO numbers at the D-II level worry me. Can't imagine we're vetting him as a shooting guard.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by wufan View Post

          D-II though.
          I believe shooting is a skill that translates to any level.

          Comment


          • #6
            Fatigue can adversely effect shooting. Playing D1 defense is more tiring. Hard to say
            how that variable will impact this or any other Juco or DII kid. I give DD somewhat of a pass
            on his shooting % because of the energy he uses on defense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              Freshman - 36.7% on 150 attempts
              Sophomore - 33.5% on 170 attempts
              Junior - 38.4% on 138 attempts

              Those are his three point shooting numbers. Yes, please.

              Doesn’t make much sense from a class balance perspective with Craig and Tyson both in the junior class next year.
              It should be abundantly clear in the transfer portal era that class balance means next to nothing. It's just shadows and fog. Get some dang dudes in here and let's kick some ass.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

              ― Chris Stirewalt

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

                It should be abundantly clear in the transfer portal era that class balance means next to nothing. It's just shadows and fog. Get some dang dudes in here and let's kick some ass.
                Agreed. We need DUDES.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                  I believe shooting is a skill that translates to any level.
                  Not exactly. It's harder to get a shot off at our level than a D2. The other demands for energy on both sides of the ball are going to be greater which can impact shooting percentages. And as has been pointed out, his A/TO ratio isn't impressive at all and you really can't expect it to get better by moving way up in competition level.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

                    Not exactly. It's harder to get a shot off at our level than a D2. The other demands for energy on both sides of the ball are going to be greater which can impact shooting percentages. And as has been pointed out, his A/TO ratio isn't impressive at all and you really can't expect it to get better by moving way up in competition level.
                    If you can shoot you can shoot. All that other stuff is just noise.

                    Over the course of time Erik Stevenson is going to shoot 30% no matter what level he’s at.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A/TO ratio has zero to do with shooting which is what I’m talking about with this guy.

                      But, since it was brought up, it’s easier to teach a guy to be more conservative with his passes than it is to teach a guy to shoot better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        A/TO ratio has zero to do with shooting which is what I’m talking about with this guy.

                        But, since it was brought up, it’s easier to teach a guy to be more conservative with his passes than it is to teach a guy to shoot better.
                        Morris Udeze's free throw percentage disagrees.
                        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

                          Morris Udeze's free throw percentage disagrees.
                          Do you think it was easy for Mo to improve his FT shooting this year?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Coach Marshall use to always say 'Shooting is the great equalizer in college basketball" I agree.

                            A blast from the past. Billy Tubbs used to say that he did not recruit players that can not shoot. Its harder to improve shooting than it is to teach defense. LOL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It’s not like this is a small sample size. He’s shot 36% from three on 460 attempts. Obviously there is going to be an adjustment to D1. Players from HS, JUCO, D2 will all have to adjust but that doesn’t mean we should just throw their stats out the window as meaningless.

                              Whether this guy is the right fit overall or if we’re even recruiting him is almost irrelevant. I said “yes, please” to his shooting numbers because, all things being equal, I want to see us going after guys who already have a track record of making shots at a good percentage.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X