Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qua Grant 6'1 PG West Texas A&M (D2) a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like there was some decent competition

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        This one doesn’t give me warm fuzzies. I just keep seeing SHJ. Looks like a volume scorer to me and I’m hoping this doesn’t take us out of the race for Goldwire or Saunders. Qua could prove me wrong.
        A volume scorer??? He shot 52% from the field and 38% from distance last year. His TO's do concern me.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Whoo - guys got some moves and quickness. I like it...I like it a lot!!!
          Me too.. Yikes He shoots 80% from the free throw line. We could have used him against Drake.
          Last edited by TheShocktocles; April 13, 2021, 08:03 PM.

Comment

It is extremely hard to judge and you pay your money and take your chances, but based on his tremendous play in Div 2,and the awards he accomplished, I personally feel much more confident he will be much more beneficial to the shockers than most of the transferring Div I players who left their precious school for obviously one or more various unknown reasons, which may or may not be based on their lack of playing time.

Comment

I am excited to see what he can do. Don't get too caught up on him being D-II. At least he was one of the best in D-II. Sometimes kids just fall through the cracks. Definitely interested to hear his story.

Skills are skills though and he sure seems to have some.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Welcome to Shocker Nation Qua Grant!

Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  I am excited to see what he can do. Don't get too caught up on him being D-II. At least he was one of the best in D-II. Sometimes kids just fall through the cracks. Definitely interested to hear his story.

Skills are skills though and he sure seems to have some.
                  And he also got a rugged body too. Looks very athletic. Now let's go get another big man.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Starting of with players from JUCO and D2...

Not saying they can’t/won’t be good, but with PLENTY of experienced D1 players available, you’d think WSU could land some.
                    A lot of the D1 kids want guaranteed spots and we don’t have them. They have to beat out current starters here and if they have that in them, a lot of them wouldn’t be transferring.

Comment

Nm

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

A volume scorer??? He shot 52% from the field and 38% from distance last year. His TO's do concern me.
                        Just to piggyback here, per Taylor he was in the 91st percentile of offensive efficiency.

So, yeah, he’s a volume scorer in that he scored a lot of points but he does it efficiently.

Something I noted is that I don’t see a whole lot of mid range jumpers in his film. It’s mostly either penetrate and score, penetrate and dish, or shoot threes. I like that.

Comment

Another thing is that he was clearly the best player on his team, not to mention the conference. He carried the load, something he doesn’t have to do here, but it sure will be nice having another guy that can carry the load when Tyson is off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            2021 Lone Star Conference Tournament MVP
                            2020-21 First Team All-Lone Star Conference
                            2020-21 Lone Star Conference All-Defensive Team
                            2020 Bevo Francis Top 100 Watch List
                            2020 Bevo Francis Top 50 Watch List
                            2020 Bevo Francis Top 25 Watch List
                            2019-20 D2CCA First Team All-American
                            2019-20 NABC All-American
                            2019- 20 First Team NABC All-District
                            2019-20 D2CCA South Central Region Player of the Year
                            2019-20 First Team D2CCA All-Region
                            2020 Lone Star Conference All-Tournament Team
                            2019-20 Lone Star Conference Player of the Year
                            2019-20 First Team All-Lone Star Conference
                            2019-20 Lone Star Conference All-Defensive Team
                            2018-19 Lone Star Conference Freshman of the Year

2018-19 First Team NABC All-District
                            2018-19 Second Team D2CCA All-Region
                            2018-19 First Team All-Lone Star Conference
                            Lone Star Conference Offensive Player of the Week (3x)
                            Lone Star Conference Defensive Player of the Week (6x)

Lot to like in these awards + he. took his team to the D2. finals. Has best shooting numbers of all the points we were looking at that were spoken about here on Shocker net. I’m excited to get him signed.

Comment

Looks a little like Malcom on the drives and a little like Rags on the 3's

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Is he going to be making those shots at the rim in the AAC? Is his A/TO going to improve in the AAC?

Comment

Working...
                                X