Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qua Grant 6'1 PG West Texas A&M (D2) a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    You figure a good D-2 team could beat at least 1/3 of D1 teams and almost all Juco teams on a regular basis
    No

Comment

I guarantee you NW Missouri State would beat almost all of the teams in the following conferences: SWAC, WAC, Southland, Ohio Valley, MEAC and the bottom third of the Atlantic Sun, Sun Belt, MAAC, Big South, Northeast, Horizon, Ivy, Colonial and Summit. They would also knock off 2-3 teams from the rest of the conferences on many nights.

Watch them play. Their guards are good enough to go toe to toe with almost any backcourt, which is often the case. The main difference is between D1-D2 is the front court size and depth. Also, I would put the top D2 coaches against any low major staff, which drives how polished a good player is.

Sounds crazy, but all we see is us beating Newman by 30 points. That is not representative of my statement at either end of the spectrum.

Comment

Apparently this guy was also on the all defensive team the last two years. “At that level” yeah yeah. Count me in on this guy or Goldwire. Hell, I’m even intrigued by Saunders although he’d be my third choice. I guess I’m easy.

Comment

Lots of good guards in the MIAA conference. I live in Topeka and have watched many games at Washburn including NW Missouri State. They have good athletes just not many big guys. Washburn beat NW Missouri State twice this year. Fun games for sure.

Comment

Logical choice for the Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              I guarantee you NW Missouri State would beat almost all of the teams in the following conferences: SWAC, WAC, Southland, Ohio Valley, MEAC and the bottom third of the Atlantic Sun, Sun Belt, MAAC, Big South, Northeast, Horizon, Ivy, Colonial and Summit. They would also knock off 2-3 teams from the rest of the conferences on many nights.

Watch them play. Their guards are good enough to go toe to toe with almost any backcourt, which is often the case. The main difference is between D1-D2 is the front court size and depth. Also, I would put the top D2 coaches against any low major staff, which drives how polished a good player is.

Sounds crazy, but all we see is us beating Newman by 30 points. That is not representative of my statement at either end of the spectrum.
              Fort Hays beat KSU this year, badly iirc. Now KSU was bad but still.................

Comment

I like this kid. Nice handles, set up good. his shot release seems low, and he's gonna have some adjustment cause those defenses are not AAC, but he could help us

Comment

Grant is a solidly built dude at 6’1 who looks fast getting up and down the floor and looks to have a quick burst first step.

Very quick release on his shot. I don’t see many mid range pull up jumpers in his tape which I actually like. He’s getting to the rim or dishing off the bounce.

Good vision and has a flair for flashy plays. That’s the one obvious weakness I see, he’s too lax with the ball at times. He plays with a great passion and energy but he’ll need to cut down on turnovers wherever he ends up.

Rebounding numbers are above average for a guard even though he doesn’t look like he has much hops, although he can dunk.

No idea what his on ball/help defense or intangibles are like but he’s a two time all defensive player.

He is used to winning.

I’m definitely intrigued by this guy. Could be all smoke and mirrors or not a good fit but he sure looks like he can play.

Comment

Got em

Comment

Great get. Can D it up and shoot the rock. I think he has 2 years left.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Will be in the same class as PG Craig Porter

Comment

Makes it less likely we get Mikey

Comment

Comment

I am excited.

Comment

Hopefully he’ll be the best player out of Canyon Texas since Mo Cheeks!

Comment

Working...
                                X