Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Chauncey Jenkins!
      Tyson Etienne, Dexter Dennis.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

https://twitter.com/InsidePortal/sta...57633214361605
          Oh snap! 19 points a game last season. Shot 35% from 3. Senior grad transfer.

Comment

• The bad thing about the Durr situation is Va Tech was counting on him and the other targets in the portal they had have already committed elsewhere so they are now stuck in a precarious situation. I get it if there is a personal situation / illness that comes up that necessitates being closer to home or something ( a la Trey Wade de-committing from Nevada) but man it puts teams in a tough spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Tyson Etienne, Dexter Dennis.
              I think Tyson and Dexter are loyal. Not sure how patient they are. The are as patient as they have to be. However, I do not recall any discussion about how loyal and patient Tyson and Dexter were when they were being recruited. Furthermore not sure how a coach would determine who is going to be loyal and patient. It's hard enough evaluating skills you can see.

If there was ever a recruit who you thought would be been loyal and patient it was a guy who was totally bought in to Wichita State when he signed and was actively promoting Wichita State to other players on our recruiting radar. That would be The Process. Perhaps the key to recruiting loyalty and patience is to get to know the parents of the recruits much better.

Turns out that perhaps our most loyal and patient recruits were probably Ron and Fred. Compare their parentage to that of The Process.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 11, 2021, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Poignant comments from Buddy Hield that every kid should read and take to heart:

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Poignant comments from Buddy Hield that every kid should read and take to heart:

Not seeing the tweets again. But as I said if quote the tweet I can get the link. Although the link disappears when I post my response.

Comment

• Here is his quote for those who can't see the tweet:

Capture.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      Here is his quote for those who can't see the tweet:

Capture.JPG
                      Agree... that quote should be attached to every kids locker...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It's the hard truth, but these kids should be listening to the coaches and not their parents and entourage regarding their capabilities and readiness to play basketball. Most parents and friends, while well intentioned, do not know a lick about actual basketball talent.

Comment

• They all think they are NBA material. They all see freshmen take starring roles in some cases and think they need to be doing the same thing. It’s not just isolated to college basketball players, it starts on the little league fields and courts. All these crazy parents think their kids are going pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            They all think they are NBA material. They all see freshmen take starring roles in some cases and think they need to be doing the same thing. It’s not just isolated to college basketball players, it starts on the little league fields and courts. All these crazy parents think their kids are going pro.
                            Correct. It is not just related to college basketbal. My experience with baseball parents is that many are just terrible.

Comment

• It's the main reason I quit. 30 years ago, guys were appreciative that they got to be a part of something. The last decade, they all thought that we were lucky to have them.

Comment

• Fran McCaffery Forces Connor McCaffery Into Transfer Portal (msn.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X