Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Man Prospects (not actually pursuing any to my knowledge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
    We're not done - there will be more activity.

That is all.
    You still think so? Taylor Eldridge continues to be pretty emphatic that WSU feels the roster is set now...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post

You still think so? Taylor Eldridge continues to be pretty emphatic that WSU feels the roster is set now...
      Not anymore - unless something totally comes out of the blue.

This staff is high on Bilau and hope he is good as the reports. If not, relying on Poor Bear and Mo in the paint will make for some interesting AAC nights.
      Actually... can not remember the SN posters on here who regularly chime in about opening a bottle of their favorite tonic during certain contests. They may want to stock up just in case things go sideways.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

This staff is high on Bilau and hope he is good as the reports. If not, relying on Poor Bear and Mo in the paint will make for some interesting AAC nights.
        Actually... can not remember the SN posters on here who regularly chime in about opening a bottle of their favorite tonic during certain contests. They may want to stock up just in case things go sideways.

That is all.
        One of those would be Shoxthemonkey. He drinks the stuff that gets delivered in a Brinks truck.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          One of those would be Shoxthemonkey. He drinks the stuff that gets delivered in a Brinks truck.
          Only when they are playing well. Cheap stuff when they are ripping my heart out. It just takes more.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Yeah, replacing JE is going to be difficult. I was hoping we could land a lunker this spring. Would have put us over the top. That’s not to say, all three of our bigs won’t be much improved. I think it’s almost certain we will be improved at every other position. And we didn’t have a JE the years we went deep in the tourney. Whether or not we are set in our roster, this is going to be a fun year if we are, in fact, able to play.
            Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.

Comment

• Marcus Santos Silva to Texas Tech.

Comment

• TT are tall and athletic. Very dangerous team.

Comment

• Would really, REALLY like to see WSU be able to land some big men that can play.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                    Would really, REALLY like to see WSU be able to land some big men that can play.
                    Maybe we have some already?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Maybe we have some already?
                      Let's give JB a look for first.. then judge...pray MU or PBC can turn a corner

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

Let's give JB a look for first.. then judge...pray MU or PBC can turn a corner
                        I'm higher on MU than most i think. He seemed really solid when he was given the chance to stay in the game. He seemed to make most of his bad plays shortly after coming in and then was quickly pulled. When he was given a chance to stay in, he seemed to really make impact plays. He's going to get that opportunity this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm higher on MU than most i think. He seemed really solid when he was given the chance to stay in the game. He seemed to make most of his bad plays shortly after coming in and then was quickly pulled. When he was given a chance to stay in, he seemed to really make impact plays. He's going to get that opportunity this year.
                          I agree, with the exception that he can’t come in and get two fouls in two minutes. He did that a lot. He needs to make his own opportunities a bit. If he can limit fouling to 3/20 min, he will be huge!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Wufan, not that I disagree, we have had other underclass big men who had a tendency to foul, the most recent being Shaquille Morris. But I get your point, he will be a Junior and needs to demonstrate he can stay on the floor or it will be a long season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I want you to be so right.

Comment

• Wake Forest's 7' center, Olivier Sarr, has entered the portal. He probably would have rated higher than Haarms if they were available at the same time.

From what I've read, he's either going to Kentucky if he gets a waiver, or he's playing pro overseas if he isn't granted a waiver.

I believe the latter is from his mouth. The former is speculation, not necessarily from Sarr. So who knows.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X