Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Man Prospects (not actually pursuing any to my knowledge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

European kids can play in pro leagues and not lose eligibility. That’s one reason people were so hyped about Asbjorn. He played on a team in Denmark with a former Bradley player. If they can do it there without messing up eligibility, why not here? It’s up to 20 kids per class. That won’t put a dent in CBB and gives the Korleone Young types a way to not totally screw up their futures.
    AM is at Grand Canyon now. How did that work out for him? He won't smell the G League. You're comparing Apples and Oranges.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

European kids can play in pro leagues and not lose eligibility. That’s one reason people were so hyped about Asbjorn. He played on a team in Denmark with a former Bradley player. If they can do it there without messing up eligibility, why not here? It’s up to 20 kids per class. That won’t put a dent in CBB and gives the Korleone Young types a way to not totally screw up their futures.
      Yes and no. Euro players can play in pro leagues, but they can't get paid. Asbjorn was not getting paid in that league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yes and no. Euro players can play in pro leagues, but they can't get paid. Asbjorn was not getting paid in that league.
        I’m saying just compensate them for three semesters worth of tuition (summer, fall, spring), books, and other expenses covered. If they realize after one year in the g league that they made a mistake and are not cut out for pro ball, this gives them an opportunity to come back and use those skills to earn an education. It works two ways- it lets Zion type players out of college classes, and gives players who fall on their face a way to enroll in college and get better.

OR

scrap everything I said and let HS graduates participate in the NBA summer league for no pay. Then they will have a little bit better idea if they are ready to forgo college.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

AM is at Grand Canyon now. How did that work out for him? He won't smell the G League. You're comparing Apples and Oranges.
          What’s that have to do with anything? I was just using him as an example of an amateur who kept his eligibility while playing pro/semi-pro ball.

go get some fresh air.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            We're not done - there will be more activity.

That is all.
            My guess is, aside from Dex being up in the air, we are still shopping post players, and now that Mo has recommitted, Chandler, is iffy....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post

My guess is, aside from Dex being up in the air, we are still shopping post players, and now that Mo has recommitted, Chandler, is iffy....
              Okay, so I wasn't the only one thinking that was a possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Okay, so I wasn't the only one thinking that was a possibility.
                It would likely have to be a pretty special player that Gregg really likes at this point, and there just happens to be one as of Monday transferring by the name of Santos Silva. Has a few classes to finish up this summer to be considered a grad transfer without penalty, but man would that make our front court sizzle.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                  It would likely have to be a pretty special player that Gregg really likes at this point, and there just happens to be one as of Monday transferring by the name of Santos Silva. Has a few classes to finish up this summer to be considered a grad transfer without penalty, but man would that make our front court sizzle.
                  He's a stud, not a center, but a stud

Comment

• He’s a post player who is effective with his back to the basket. Certainly not a stretch forward or perimeter player.

Comment

• Shockers not in contact with MSS:

Capture2.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Shockers not in contact with MSS:

Capture2.JPG
                        And we may not, but it’s only been a couple days, and that list will most certainly grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He's a stud, not a center, but a stud
                          Not your traditional 6-10 to 7ft center. A complete beast in the low block. Can you imagine a starting line up of Silva, Wade, Dennis, Etienne, and Gilbert?

Comment

• But truth be told, we may have a dynamite 3-headed monster back again...

Comment

• Santos Silva has cut his list to six: Georgia, Maryland, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Penn State, and Arizona State

Comment

• How much longer do we have to be patient?!?!
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X