• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I still think they go:
    - Big immediately eligible
    - Freshman PG who WILL RS
    - Best player available
    Marshall said in the athletic article he is looking for two transfers who will sit and a big man who can play
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I like Elias King and Jaden Seymour for the remaining big scholarships. They are both positionless and yet big enough to play both the 4/5 positions on offense. We've had difficulty getting bigs who aren't total projects and take years to develop and even then, they never become what we hope for. The schools who are able to get Top 100 recruits at the 5 position hold tremendous advantages.
      I agree. But I think both are gonna have to hit the weight room though Rod Brown style (add 25 lbs of muscle).

Comment

Play Bilau at he 5
        I think that is the plan. But we probably could still use another big to go with Bilau and PB-Chandler. At this point we don't even have a good size 4 to go along with those 2.

Comment

ELIAS KING & ANTHONY EDWARDS BATTLE IN FRONT OF PACKED GYM

Elias King of Lincoln Prep (#2 in black) went head to head with Anthony Edwards (#5 in yellow) at Holy Spirit's Gym. Edwards finished the game with 20 pts. King finished the game with 22 pts. King will be heading to Mississippi State.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 2, 2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think that is the plan. But we probably could still use another big to go with Bilau and PB-Chandler. At this point we don't even have a good size 4 to go along with those 2.
            I know he took a lot of bashing on this board but I sure wish AM had stuck around.

Comment

For anyone who might not know, Edwards was a stud for Georgia as a freshman this past year and is seen as an early first round NBA pick and could be the #1 overall pick. He is #5 in the yellow jerseys.

King is #2 in the black jerseys.

Comment

Play Bilau at he 5
                Potential matchup nightmare. He appears to have a skillset generally seen in a SF. If he can utilize those skills in a game, he would approach being unguardable. It's going to take a quick and highly mobile big to keep him from dropping a 3 or driving to the hoop. He's got both capabilities - in drills.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Since we don't really have any college highlights -- 6’8” G Elias King of ATL Hoops Drops 40 On B Maze

Did a lot of dribbling and I didn't see one pass. But he did shoot without a whole lot of room to get it off.
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                  ---------------------------------------
                  Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                  "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                  "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Potential matchup nightmare. He appears to have a skillset generally seen in a SF. If he can utilize those skills in a game, he would approach being unguardable. It's going to take a quick and highly mobile big to keep him from dropping a 3 or driving to the hoop. He's got both capabilities - in drills.
                    Should King come here and sit a year, he'd be in the same class as Bilau. That would give us a 6'8" and a 6'10" guy that have some handles, can attack off the dribble, and can hit from deep. Also two athletic wings in that class. At this tome it's only "on paper", but that could be a pretty salty class.

Well, crap, I accidentally quoted myself. That wasn't what I intended to do.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Doesn't really appear to offer anything more than D. Gordon did.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Doesn't really appear to offer anything more than D. Gordon did.
                        Not necessarily a bad thing. Sounds like Marshall would have liked to keep Gordon around. I would’ve also liked to see his improvement over the summer.

Comment

More skilled than Gordon
                          The Assman

Comment

I like this guy and would like to see a guy around 6’10 for the final scolly

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              The way our post players foul, I always feel better when we have at least 15 fouls to give up, I still think that Poor Bear has some ability and hasn't reached his potential yet for whatever reason (I do have a feeling his work habits aren't what they need to be), but while he hasn't been what we hoped, he is a very competent 10-15 foul, third post at the very least. But we do need some more height/strength/length, and another player or even better two players 6'8 or taller who are capable of playing the post.
                              I think Poor Bear is going to surprise people next season. He did some nice things last season both defensively and on occasion on offense. Hope he really works on his free throw shooting this summer.

Comment

Committed to Middle Tennessee.

Comment

Working...
                                X