Elias King 6'8 F Miss State Transfer to Middle Tenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Taylor expects a commit this week? This kid?
    Could be, but impossible to say. Might be one of the other guys on Taylor's list:

Or could even be someone not currently on our radar. Just hope it's help on the front line.

Comment

I think it's gonna be him or Jaden Seymour. I noticed Seymour posted a countdown timer on Instagram and Ricky Council shared it on his story.

….I have nothing better to do with my life.

Comment

It's happening...

Comment

I'd prefer someone who averaged better than a point a game on a team that's probably below the level WSU wants to be at. Could be there were players in front of him who limited his production.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

4 star recruit on rivals, 247, and ESPN. Looks like he was behind a sophomore that averaged 17 and 10. I think he’d be a good commit for the program

Comment

Marshall is looking for two transfers that will have to sit out a year. I would think this kid is Plan A
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I still think they go:
                - Big immediately eligible
                - Freshman PG who WILL RS
                - Best player available
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                  4 star recruit on rivals, 247, and ESPN. Looks like he was behind a sophomore that averaged 17 and 10. I think he’d be a good commit for the program
                  That would be an outstanding reason to have low usage and want to transfer.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like Elias King and Jaden Seymour for the remaining big scholarships. They are both positionless and yet big enough to play both the 4/5 positions on offense. We've had difficulty getting bigs who aren't total projects and take years to develop and even then, they never become what we hope for. The schools who are able to get Top 100 recruits at the 5 position hold tremendous advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
                      Actually he was buried deeper than just playing behind a 17/10 sophomore (6-10, 250 lb Reggie Perry). Perry played 963 of the 1,240 minutes available to him leaving 277 minutes. Those did not go ot Elias (6-8, 205) as he only played 20 minutes total in 6 games. The bulk of those backup minutes to Perry appear to have gone to Junior Keyshawn Feazell (6-8, 225) who played 254 minutes over 24 games.

Elias played 1/2 half of basketball this past season scoring 10 points, with 2 rebounds, 0 fouls, 1 assist and 1 turnover. He hit 2 of the 4 three point shots he attempted.and he was 2-3 on two point shots. He did not get to the foul line. While this sample size is obviously too small to mean much it does sound better than he averaged 1.7 points per game and averaged 3.3 minutes per game (and those averages are based on only 6 of MSU's 31 games).

The bottom line is Elias is fot all intents and purposes a 4-Star high school players (FWIW) who redshirted as a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I like Elias King and Jaden Seymour for the remaining big scholarships. They are both positionless and yet big enough to play both the 4/5 positions on offense. We've had difficulty getting bigs who aren't total projects and take years to develop and even then, they never become what we hope for. The schools who are able to get Top 100 recruits at the 5 position hold tremendous advantages.
                        Elias King is basically the size of Markis McDuffie. Would you have been comfortable with Duff playing the 5 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Elias King is basically the size of Markis McDuffie. Would you have been comfortable with Duff playing the 5 spot?
                          Obviously not, but 3G is on records as saying he would like to sign an immediately eligible big plus 2 players who would sit out a year. In that case, he is more a replacement for Tray Wade.

Comment

Since we don't really have any college highlights -- 6’8” G Elias King of ATL Hoops Drops 40 On B Maze

Comment

Play Bilau at he 5
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                                Play Bilau at he 5
                                That’s the position the athletic article indicated he would play primarily, FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                                X