Elias King 6'8 F Miss State Transfer to Middle Tenn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Well we do have 3 scholarship. A young PG might not hurt but I would be picky. Probably need to be less picky on a couple of bigs but you don't want to just settle if you don't have to.
    That's what my first wife said...jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

That's what my first wife said...jeez.
      That statement clears up a whole lot of things I wondered about you. So are you going to make a tee time before we lose the window?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

That statement clears up a whole lot of things I wondered about you. So are you going to make a tee time before we lose the window?
        Yea, I just thought of that. I think we have through May. Do you think of anything else besides golf...and SN?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Him too. Don't we have enough smalls...we need bigs.
          Yes, because finding a true big at this point in the cycle who is skilled enough to come in and play and contribute right away is very easy.

Comment

A lot of competition for the big guys, but I would point out that transfers are still entering the portal. Twenty-seven names were added to the Verbal Commits transfer list just today, including Utah State's 6-7, 265 manster Roche Grootfaam.

(OK, he's a scrub, but I wanted everyone to be aware that a dude named Roche Grootfaam walks the earth.)

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes, because finding a true big at this point in the cycle who is skilled enough to come in and play and contribute right away is very easy.
              Understand what your saying, however, needing a big man is not something that just happened. We've known for 3 years what AM's limitations were, both MU (6'8") and IBPC were not coming around as quickly as hoped (if at all), all knew JE was gone after this year, and Wade is a short 4. JB is a RS freshman and while IBPC can help at both the 4 and 5, putting all your eggs in one basket that our current 4/5s and JB is enough had it's holes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Understand what your saying, however, needing a big man is not something that just happened. We've known for 3 years what AM's limitations were, both MU (6'8") and IBPC were not coming around as quickly as hoped (if at all), all knew JE was gone after this year, and Wade is a short 4. JB is a RS freshman and while IBPC can help at both the 4 and 5, putting all your eggs in one basket that our current 4/5s and JB is enough had it's holes.
                We’ve always gotten by with role players/spare parts in the post. No reason to think we couldn’t have done the same with Udeze, Poor Bear, Mit, and Bilau.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

We’ve always gotten by with role players/spare parts in the post. No reason to think we couldn’t have done the same with Udeze, Poor Bear, Mit, and Bilau.
                  Bilau aside (as we don't know his quantity yet), I'd take any one of a number of past parts that we had at the 5 right now. Coleby, Lufile, Nurger, Willis, Grady, Carter, Ellis, Blair, or other starting 4/5s.

Comment

Bilau aside (as we don't know his quantity yet), I'd take any one of a number of past parts that we had at the 5 right now. Coleby, Lufile, Nurger, Willis, Grady, Carter, Ellis, Blair, or other starting 4/5s.
                    I think with better guards...Bilau could shine at the five spot... We just need a high energy guy at the five... Rebound and play defense...Clint Capela-esque

Comment

The way our post players foul, I always feel better when we have at least 15 fouls to give up, I still think that Poor Bear has some ability and hasn't reached his potential yet for whatever reason (I do have a feeling his work habits aren't what they need to be), but while he hasn't been what we hoped, he is a very competent 10-15 foul, third post at the very least. But we do need some more height/strength/length, and another player or even better two players 6'8 or taller who are capable of playing the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        The way our post players foul, I always feel better when we have at least 15 fouls to give up, I still think that Poor Bear has some ability and hasn't reached his potential yet for whatever reason (I do have a feeling his work habits aren't what they need to be), but while he hasn't been what we hoped, he is a very competent 10-15 foul, third post at the very least. But we do need some more height/strength/length, and another player or even better two players 6'8 or taller who are capable of playing the post.
                        I'm really hoping Poor Bear is seeing this as a huge opportunity. Since he's been here, he's been the 3rd or lower option at the 5. He's the number 1 option this year. So hopefully the work follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm really hoping Poor Bear is seeing this as a huge opportunity. Since he's been here, he's been the 3rd or lower option at the 5. He's the number 1 option this year. So hopefully the work follows.
                          I thought there were several games where he entered the game before Mo or AM. Over the last 10 games, MU had 2 double digit minute games, both 10 minutes. Over the last 10, IBPC had 3 double digit games of 18,12, 10 and 1 game he didn't play. During that time, MU played 6.7 mpg and IBPC played 6.8 mpg in games he played.

Comment

I thought there were several games where he entered the game before Mo or AM. Over the last 10 games, MU had 2 double digit minute games, both 10 minutes. Over the last 10, IBPC had 3 double digit games of 18,12, 10 and 1 game he didn't play. During that time, MU played 6.7 mpg and IBPC played 6.8 mpg in games he played.
                            Yes. Mo wasn't the answer. He was 5 fouls. He blocked out, rebounded and played good defense but his shot was blocked too many times by taller players, he couldn't shoot on the perimeter, and he couldn't shoot foul shots which because of his low post game, he got fouled a lot.

Comment

Right .. not disagreeing there, but i feel like for the whole year, it went JE -> MU -> IPBC. So from an overall prep and work ethic, that was likely in his head most of the year. This year its him

Comment

^^^^ ShockTalk . Dave Dahl-esque, but spot on. A little larger sample size but I couldn't resist.

Who were we talking about?

Elias King? Never heard of him.
                                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X