Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Porter 6'1 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too big a headache for Winter Sports. LOTS of Seniors were already eliminated. Sucks for those that weren't, but that's life. JE will make good $$$ and move on with his life.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

This is news I'm waiting for
      I just don’t see this happening even though it would be fantastic (and explain what apears to be less urgency/interest from the staff to address a known deficiency). Some of the later reports indicate winter sports not being included in the discussions.

I’d love to be wrong about this however.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Too big a headache for Winter Sports. LOTS of Seniors were already eliminated. Sucks for those that weren't, but that's life. JE will make good $$$ and move on with his life.
        I believe the wording was if they did not complete their seasons .. .so if a senior on a team completed their championship .. then they wouldn't qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
          Would JE even come back if he could? I would think the pro option would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Would JE even come back if he could? I would think the pro option would be better.
            He expressed interest in redshirting this past year, so I absolutely think he would.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He expressed interest in redshirting this past year, so I absolutely think he would.
              Especially if he feels that he could showcase his talent more (such as having a more solid PG this year)

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Depends on what kind of education he is after
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

[QUOTE=Stickboy46;n1233165]
                  Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

And if we redshirt the guy, that's a year to learn under AG and CP, another year learning under CP and backing him up, then we get 3 more years. Hells yes.

And that solves the 2024 class size issue.[/QUOTE]

Fully balanced classes would have 3 classes with 3 and 1 with 4.
                  Exactly my point. If we brought in a freshman PG and he DIDN'T redshirt, we'd have 5 in the 2024 class. So we could bring in one next year in the 2025 class, but he wouldn't have the opportunity to learn under AG for a year. From the program's perspective, if we could redshirt a freshman PG why would you not?
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Especially if he feels that he could showcase his talent more (such as having a more solid PG this year)
                    Isn't his girlfriend a Junior as well? Seems that might also make a difference to him.

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post

Isn't his girlfriend a Junior as well? Seems that might also make a difference to him.
                      If Ech is allowed, I do not doubt that he will be all in. However, I don't see it happening.

Comment

7.7 rbs., 6.5 assists, 1.8 steals, and 1.9 blocks? That's almost too good to be true.

This kid is playa'!

Comment

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Upgrade from stevenson and sherfield the first time he steps on the roundhouse court.

Good lift. Good extension in the lane. Nice release on his J. Superior foot-work. Plays D and doesn't -ahem- hack in a cheap manner (unlike you-know-who). Keeps his head up with the bounce. Good IQ. Drives and dishes effortlessly. Keeps his shoulders squared to the hoop. Gets to 4th gear instantly after a "crossover" (with all due respect to Tyrone). Has a fluid gait on break-outs, while displaying high-level vision. Played against top level Juco competition, with ultimate success. Hits the glass hard. And last, but not by any means least, pressures the point of attack when playing D (and when playing O too).

This kid in the back-court with AG and TE has the potential to be really, really, good! I'm convinced.
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 1, 2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Upgrade from stevenson and sherfield the first time he steps on the roundhouse court.

Good lift. Good extension in the lane. Nice release on his J. Plays D and doesn't -ahem- hack in a cheap manner (unlike you-know-who). Keeps his head up with the bounce. Good IQ. Drives and dishes effortlessly. Keeps his shoulders squared to the hoop. Gets to 4th gear instantly after a "crossover" (with all due respect to Tyrone). Has a fluid gait on break-outs, while displaying high-level vision. Played against top level Juco competition, with ultimate success. Hits the glass hard. And last, but not by any means least, pressures the point of attack when playing D (and when playing O too).

This kid in the back-court with AG and TE has the potential to be really, really, good! I'm convinced.
                              Why does it always have to be an upgrade? Why put down past players to praise current ones? Let's just praise the ones who actually wanna be here and stop putting down guys that didn't finish as a shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post

Why does it always have to be an upgrade? Why put down past players to praise current ones? Let's just praise the ones who actually wanna be here and stop putting down guys that didn't finish as a shocker.
                                What you interpreted as put-down was no such thing. At least not as I intended. Just spoke what I believe to be true.

Did you watch the youtube video? Looks like an upgrade skill-wise. No? The tape don't lie. I'm not judging anyone's character here.

Comment

Working...
                                X