Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Porter 6'1 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    He knew Gilbert was in front of him. He knew he would be the backup for one year. We didn't have any PG's last year with that attitude.
    He won't just be a PG. He will play 2 as well.

Comment

I am really intrigued by a 3 guard mix of Gilbert, Porter and Tyson, Dex on the wing/s, and a big who is yet-to-be decided.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 30, 2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

I think it’s fair to be rather excited about Porter, these numbers are ridiculous.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

We’re still going to need another guy who can play the point right? Porter and AG seem like the only two currently. Need to have a third option, but maybe I’m missing something with the other players.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
            We’re still going to need another guy who can play the point right? Porter and AG seem like the only two currently. Need to have a third option, but maybe I’m missing something with the other players.
            and maybe that's ETN. He played both in HS. Just speculating that he could be the emergency point

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
              I was thinking the same thing but along the lines of a high schooler who could learn from these two and then spell Porter after AG leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I was thinking the same thing but along the lines of a high schooler who could learn from these two and then spell Porter after AG leaves.
                Fr class already has 4 guys in it. A Fr PG would be ideal for the position, but not so great from a class size point of view.

We only have 2 scholarships left and our total "bigs" are Wade, Poor Bear, and Bilau.
                Last edited by Aargh; March 30, 2020, 10:05 AM.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

And if we redshirt the guy, that's a year to learn under AG and CP, another year learning under CP and backing him up, then we get 3 more years. Hells yes.

And that solves the 2024 class size issue.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

[QUOTE=Rocky Mountain Shock;n1233158]

And if we redshirt the guy, that's a year to learn under AG and CP, another year learning under CP and backing him up, then we get 3 more years. Hells yes.

And that solves the 2024 class size issue.[/QUOTE]

SOOO many things can happen before 2024, i doubt they are concerned with that at this point. Besides we have 4 players in that case? Fully balanced classes would have 3 classes with 3 and 1 with 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Fr class already has 4 guys in it. A Fr PG would be ideal for the position, but not so great from a class size point of view.

We only have 2 scholarships left and our total "bigs" are Wade, Poor Bear, and Bilau.
                      Maybe I'm missing people but I only see 10 out of 13 scholarships.

Seniors - Wade, and Gilbert
                      Juniors - Dennis, Poor Bear, Porter
                      Sophomores - Etienne,
                      Freshmen - Jenkins, Council IV, Jadun, Bileau.

That means we have 3 left. I know that Marshall say he may leave one unfilled. However, if we get another grad transfer to commit, that would leave at least 3 Seniors on the team and he may use one on a Freshman that he brings in on the plan to redshirt. It all depends on if he thinks that Jenkins may be a point guard or not. I do agree that we will probably bring in 2 Bigs (4/5 guys).

Comment

I bet at least on freshman would RS

Especially if a Fr PG is brought in.

Tyson can play PG in a pinch.
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sophomores - Etienne,

That means we have 3 left. I know that Marshall say he may leave one unfilled. However, if we get another grad transfer to commit, that would leave at least 3 Seniors on the team and he may use one on a Freshman that he brings in on the plan to redshirt. It all depends on if he thinks that Jenkins may be a point guard or not. I do agree that we will probably bring in 2 Bigs (4/5 guys).
                          We find out today if there is a third scholie. JE could come back.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Sophomores - Etienne,

My bad. I messed up my count. 7 transfers minus 5 signees didn't account for the fact that one of the signees, Jadun, shouldn't be counted against the transfers. It's been a little hard to keep up.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

We find out today if there is a third scholie. JE could come back.
                              This is news I'm waiting for

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

And that solves the 2024 class size issue.
                                I like your thinking. Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X