Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craig Porter 6'1 PG 2020 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno why but he kinda reminds me of Shamet. Obviously not the same level of shooter though.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge: Gregg Marshall’s recruiting momentum continues, as WSU lands a top juco combo guard

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
      “Coach Marshall is just like my junior-college coach: he’s on you hard, but he just wants the best out of you and at the end of the day, he’s going to make you a better player and a better person,” Porter told the Eagle. “I needed someone like that in my life.”

He picked the Shockers because of his long-time relationship with WSU assistant coach Lou Gudino, an Indiana native who actually recruited Porter in high school when he was an assistant at New Mexico State.

“I’ve known coach Lou since I was in high school and he’s been in my corner ever since Day One,” Porter said. “I have a lot of trust in him and coach Marshall. I think I’m going to be a great fit in their system.”

In less than two days, WSU turned its biggest concern into possibly its biggest position of strength. Gilbert and Porter topped WSU’s wish list at point guard, and being able to pair them together is an enticing proposition for the Shockers.

Gilbert has enough Division I experience to step in right away and lead WSU for his final collegiate season, while Porter can play alongside him at shooting guard and can also be groomed to take over the following season.

Porter said it was a little surprising to see seven scholarship players leave WSU’s program this offseason, but he felt comfortable in his relationship with Gudino to trust the rest of the WSU coaching

“It was obviously brought to my attention, but I’m not really worried about it,” Porter said. “I know at the end of the day, they can get the job done. So I’m not concerned about that.”

Seems like a pretty mature young man.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I like it a lot!
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            Really liked what he had to say in his interview with Taylor.
            Me too. I loved it. He wasn't talking like a couple of knuckleheads we had in the past saying stuff like" I am the pg or another one saying I am coming to start". He said he liked to win and whatever Coach needed him to do he is willing to do it to help the TEAM.

Comment

This young man is a stat stuffer and the icing on the cake for a spectacular day. No disrespect but I am much happier with these recruits that want to be here than the guards that just excited!, The whole staff has picked up and rebuilt an athletic roster that would make for an exciting dunk contest. Can”t wait for his Shocker career to start.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Good one I think !
                Agree. Really like the fluidity of his game.

Comment

Can anyone supply a link to recruiting service so we can see who the Shocks were up against?

This guy looks like the one WSU really needed.

Comment

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post

Agree. Really like the fluidity of his game.
                    Yeap I saw it too. That little hesitation move where he pauses leaves his defender dazzled , and then glides to the cup to score reminds me of a certain WSU player. You all know who it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      Can anyone supply a link to recruiting service so we can see who the Shocks were up against?

Not a service but saw this in one of the write-ups about him:

"Porter picked the Shockers despite receiving interest from IU, Oregon, Kansas, Ole Miss, UCONN and Missouri. He's ranked as one of the top JUCO players in the nation."

Comment

2.8 AST/TO ratio, I like that a lot. His shot looks good but he was only 31% from three.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Per Taylor Eldridge's review of Porter he had received interest from Kansas, West Virginia, Oregon, Texas Tech, Indiana, Wichita State, Connecticut, Mississippi and Indiana State,
                          Indiana State might look a bit out of place on that list but Porter is a native of Terre Haute.

JUCOrecruiting.com had him at #17 on their 2020 Top 100 Player rankings.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2020, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Oh my Shiite!!! Hell to the yeah! I think the roster has been significantly upgraded from last year...offensively, defensively, athletically, mentally, maturity...etc.

Comment

Holy! How did all this happen? Suddenly we're hitting homers all in like a day or two?

Comment

He knew Gilbert was in front of him. He knew he would be the backup for one year. We didn't have any PG's last year with that attitude.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X