Fantasy Shocker Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

At least we got the uncertainty about Jamie getting another year out of the way, although I think most understood the chances for that happening were slim. But at least now the coaching staff knows where it stands.
    Where do we stand with sizable front-court players out in the burrows of recruiting land (preferably grad-transfer/juco) I wonder?

Comment

I wonder if the coaches focused their initial energy on solidifying the guard position because that was our biggest need? Would explain the lack of big men on Taylor’s list right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Where do we stand with sizable front-court players out in the burrows of recruiting land (preferably grad-transfer/juco) I wonder?
        That's a damn good question to which I have no dam good answers. No grad transfer bigs left on Taylor Eldridge's recruiting grid nor are there any immediately eligible Juco's on his grid.

He has a couple of 6-8 sit-out transfers.on his grid. Trey Murphy III (who looks to be a Markis McDuffie clone) from Rice and Prince Oduro from Mississippi State (who looks to be more in the line of a Mo Udeze). Murphy could be eligible next year if the NCAA passes the 1st time transfer rules and they apply. Oduro would not qualify under those new rules and presumably would sit one year and play one year at which time his 5-year clock runs out.

Murphy's stats are decent: https://riceowls.com/sports/mens-bas...urphy-iii/5055

There are still a few bigguns on the JucoRecruiting.com Top 100 who have not yet committed although Juco guys are tough to find a lot of info on including the following listed by rank:

#11 Tyron McMillian 6-10, Kilgore College
        #15 Deandre Pinckney 6-8, Broward College
        #21 Marial Mading 6-11, Chipla College

I have no idea whether or not the Shocks have any interest of if any interest is even warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I wonder if the coaches focused their initial energy on solidifying the guard position because that was our biggest need? Would explain the lack of big men on Taylor’s list right now.
          It could be and technically they did not know where they stood with Jaime. Initially, I think there was some "hope" that he might get another year and then as time passed those hopes seem to gradually diminish to almost nothing until they disappeared today. In addition, a recruits interest could be impacted by whether or not Jaime was coming back, regardless of how thin the chances.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 30, 2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

There are still a few bigguns on the JucoRecruiting.com Top 100 who have not yet committed although Juco guys are tough to find a lot of info on including the following listed by rank:

#11 Tyron McMillian 6-10, Kilgore College
            #15 Deandre Pinckney 6-8, Broward College
            #21 Marial Mading 6-11, Chipla College

I have no idea whether or not the Shocks have any interest of if any interest is even warranted.

1. Good work 1972Shocker on the Juco recruits. Since this is a fantasy draft, I am proposing we sign all three. This will help us look more impressive in airports.
            2. I want to thank the coaches for getting the Gilbert & Porter combination at point guard. To be fair, some of these players became available after my initial list was proposed (I had Darius Perry & Malik Zachery)., but they signed a better pair. We also have true points instead of two guards playing the one spot.
            3. Still holding on to the idea that Landers Nolley joins the Shocker family.
            (Hope someone agrees that Clarence Jackson has a similar type game to Nolley)

Comment

I say we take a grad-transfer C, Jamahri Harvey as a redshirt PG, Jaden Seymour as a redshirt F. My final wishlist.

If GM does use all 3 schollies.

Comment

That's a damn good question to which I have no dam good answers
                Then, what good are you to me...jeez!!!

Comment

Really hope the staff gives this guy a look. Brandon Johnson, grad-transfer from Western Michigan, listed at 6’8 220 and according to KenPom basically split his minutes between the 4 & 5. 15.4 PPG & 8.1 RPG last year. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ohnson-56.html

Comment

Now I'm really wishing. It would be great to get N. Njoku who is a top 100 player recruited by such big teams as Nova. I'm still wishing he becomes a Shocker by reclassifying and qualifying for this coming Season. Waterman brought us DD and here would be another key recruit to sign if he is interested in lots of playing time. Either way, the Shocks could really use this special player.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

So it appears our new recruits overall will be more athletic. Also, we have not just 1, but 2 point guards to trade off or play together. That we really needed. I still would like to add a talented 5 man. Of the ones listed that we are looking at, I like Esahia Nyiwe, and think he would be an asset and a final piece for our inside game. Ideas?

Comment

Are there any other opportunities to fill the class with the upcoming signing period or are we leaving the spots open for future portal or Juco players? Anybody got any real ideas on the last two spots for the 2020 roster?

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                          Are there any other opportunities to fill the class with the upcoming signing period or are we leaving the spots open for future portal or Juco players? Anybody got any real ideas on the last two spots for the 2020 roster?
                          People are still entering the portal... Will continue for the next few months. According to Taylor there is no serious interest with anyone right now so they are being picky.

Comment

What a dream team signing today. We have point guards!!! I'm still wondering if we get another big man and the best player we can sign for the last 2 ships?

Comment

Working...
                            X