No announcement yet.

Fantasy Shocker Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First thing I do, if IPBC stays, I tell him he's redshirting. He's not Ready for Minutes.

This is also assuming Nnanna Njoku doesn't reclassify AND the immediate Transfer Rule kicks in.

---------

First Priority. PG. Need an upperclassman, and a Freshman to RS and mentor

Trey McGowens - PG - Junior - Pitt Transfer

Jamahri Harvey - PG - Freshman

---------

Second thing I address. Shooting and Senior Leadership

Johnah Antonio - SG - Senior - UNLV Transfer

----------

Next, a big with some Attitude and Team Mindset, with some Senior Leadership to boot.

Kevin Marfo - C - Senior Quinnipiac Transfer

----------

From there, I fill out the roster with the best players possible, while trying to balance classes as much as possible. Position isn't as important to me.

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      First thing I do, if IPBC stays, I tell him he's redshirting. He's not Ready for Minutes.

This is also assuming Nnanna Njoku doesn't reclassify AND the immediate Transfer Rule kicks in.

---------

First Priority. PG. Need an upperclassman, and a Freshman to RS and mentor

Trey McGowens - PG - Junior - Pitt Transfer

Jamahri Harvey - PG - Freshman

---------

Second thing I address. Shooting and Senior Leadership

Johnah Antonio - SG - Senior - UNLV Transfer

----------

Next, a big with some Attitude and Team Mindset, with some Senior Leadership to boot.

Kevin Marfo - C - Senior Quinnipiac Transfer

----------

From there, I fill out the roster with the best players possible, while trying to balance classes as much as possible. Position isn't as important to me.

A TON of assumptions there given that WSU will be in a rebuild mode. To get some of the bigger "fish" (particularly the senior transfers), were going to have to successfully fill with a few other holes first with good talent. Just IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

A TON of assumptions there given that WSU will be in a rebuild mode. To get some of the bigger "fish" (particularly the senior transfers), were going to have to successfully fill with a few other holes first with good talent. Just IMHO.
        Isn’t this a thread about “wish” lists? Meaning if we had our pick of available guys this is who we’d bring in?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Isn’t this a thread about “wish” lists? Meaning if we had our pick of available gals this is who we’d bring in?
          FIFY...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

FIFY...

Yum, Hardee’s. Lol

Comment

Yum, Hardee’s. Lol
              Do they have butter drizzle buns? I don't think so.

Comment

Louisville basketball has its second commitment for the 2017 class, with four-star Georgia guard Darius Perry pledging to the Louisville. Darius Perry is ran...

If the Shocks got 2 of these 3 point guards, that would be huge. I'd even take any one of them. 1. Malik Zachery 2. Darius Perry 3. Justice Hall
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Isn’t this a thread about “wish” lists? Meaning if we had our pick of available guys this is who we’d bring in?
                  Fair enough pie n eye . Fantasize away.

I did think, however, the idea of fantasy football was to win. So I expected the same here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Fair enough pie n eye . Fantasize away.

I did think, however, the idea of fantasy football was to win. So I expected the same here.
                    I guess I was confused.

I read your post as saying it’s not realistic that we can get those guys. But you really meant that it was a bad mix of players. My bad.

Comment

I don”t think the second part that Taylor wrote about Shocker recruiting has been listed. Here it is for others to enjoy if you”d like.

Comment

We might not have snagged all my fantasy picks but I like the looks of the dudes we did get.

Going forward I would love to see...

-JUCO/Transfer 5 man who is athletic, mobile and can block shots and rebound. I think it’s almost a guarantee we’ll end up recruiting someone like this.
                        -JUCO/transfer wing in the 6’6-6’8 range who is athletic and can post/shoot/drive. Like a Cleanthony/Markus type. Icing on the cake.
                        -Frosh or sit out a year PG who can step in next year after Gilbert moves on. Also icing on the cake.

Comment

We might not have snagged all my fantasy picks but I like the looks of the dudes we did get.

Going forward I would love to see...

-JUCO/Transfer 5 man who is athletic, mobile and can block shots and rebound. I think it’s almost a guarantee we’ll end up recruiting someone like this.
                          -JUCO/transfer wing in the 6’6-6’8 range who is athletic and can post/shoot/drive. Like a Cleanthony/Markus type. Icing on the cake.
                          -Frosh or sit out a year PG who can step in next year after Gilbert moves on. Also icing on the cake.
                          I am pleased with our verbal's and optimistic with new the recruits to follow even though Council was the only one I picked that we got a verbal so far. We do need 1 or 2 bigs that can hoop like Ech. When it is all said and done, I'm thinking we will have 11 or 12 solid players with 1 or 2 more that won't be eligible to play this coming Season, but can utilize the ships and practice with our team to be "game ready" the following Season. When Baker and Armstead did that, they were "game ready" keys to our Final 4 run and they even paid for school for the Season they set out. In this case, we could have a ship or two for players not eligible for next Season but for the following one it appears? Stay tuned. Our Coaching Staff's efforts and results are finer than a frog hair so far.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Two hours ago I had it all figured out. We were gonna sign the Wofford big man and save the final scholly for a rainy day.

Now Wofford kids at USC and JaDun Michael is no longer a shocker.

Life comes at you fast lol. I guess we get to extend the recruiting madness a while longer which is ok considering the state of the world.

Comment

Two hours ago I had it all figured out. We were gonna sign the Wofford big man and save the final scholly for a rainy day.

Life comes at you fast lol. I guess we get to extend the recruiting madness a while longer which is ok considering the state of the world.

Comment

At least we got the uncertainty about Jamie getting another year out of the way, although I think most understood the chances for that happening were slim. But at least now the coaching staff knows where it stands.

Comment

Working...
                                X