Fantasy Shocker Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Shocker Recruiting

Was just having some fun picking my Fantasy Elite 8 of Shocker recruits that can play next Season. This is not easy as it sounds. I'm guessing we will need 8 players. I picked only from players we know about, and are mentioned on SN. If you join me in this challenge, try to balance the classes but we need the best players that are AAC ready now. When you go to get fried chicken and the fixins, don't bring home only wings or only thighs, etc, Bring home the full meal deal.. Same thing here. Also, see how your list matches up to the master Shocker recruiter, Coach Marshall. Of course nobody gets everybody they want which is why this is called "Fantasy Shocker Recruiting." As we add potential recruits to the SN list, feel free to revise your list . Here are mine based on who we have coming back, areas we lacked such as point guards and laser shooters, and trying to balance the classes some. Repeat!!! It's not as easy as it looks. Do a good job for 3G!!!

1. Malik Zachery PG Juco and has 3 years remaining. He is a pure point guard that can dish and score.
    2. Justice Hall PG Juco and has 3 years remaining. A Shocker buddy called and compared his game to Cal Bruton which is a huge compliment if it deems to be true.
    3. Jamahri Harvey-combo High School guard. JaDun Michael said to go get him. JH was excited about WSU. So go sign him.
    4. Brandon Murray-2G-High School, -So you like shooters? He made seven 3-pointers in one game. Got to have some of that!!!
    5. Jonah Antonio--would be a SR. here I think. Talk about NBA 3-point laser accuracy with range, he can do it. With the 2- point guards above and Harvey who also can dish it, we need accurate shooters. This player shoots it like Landry S? Dunno.
    6. Kevin Marfo-6-8" and led the country in rebounding and would be a Senior here. He led the Nation with 13 rebounds a game and has a future with windex after basketball.
    7. Nnanna Njoku--6'10" High School. I know, I know! He is 2021. Lot's of time for him to hit the books and reclassify. We want him now before all the big schools try to steal him.
    8. Rudy Council HS-6'6"--This is a very talented and very versatile player that can play several slots and plays the D.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

forevershockerfan Honestly, I’m 100% on board with your list. Make it so!

Comment

I know we need a lot but we gotta hit with at least one PG.

I’ve only seen highlights of all these dudes vs one or two years of watching every game of the departing players in which I’ve become very familiar with their good and bad attributes.

That being said, there’s a lot of good basketball players out there. If two guys have comparable skills, the personality fit and willingness to accept coaching can be the deciding factor that makes one guy more successful than the other.

Comment

We are forced to do a lot of shaving with Coach Marshall leading the charge. Fortunately Recruiting is fascinating & we have a chance to jump back into the fray with some great young prospects. I like your list FSF but would make a few changes.

1st lets take a transfer that is too talented to pass on

1. Landers Nolly. - will probably have to sit out a year
        2.. Darius Perry - point with great speed and athletic. Can play the two as well.
        3. Malik Zachery - smooth strong skilled point with 3 years to play.
        4. Rudy Council - Athlete with good overall skills
        5. Kevin Marfo - Proven rebounder and physical presence that can move well for his size
        6. Jamahri Harvey - can play the 1 & 2 as well as being an excellent shooter
        7. Nnanna Njoku or Prince Oduro if either can be eligible next season.
        8. Shawndarius Cowart - 42% 3 pt. Shooter and stat stuffer

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I know we need a lot but we gotta hit with at least one PG.

I’ve only seen highlights of all these dudes vs one or two years of watching every game of the departing players in which I’ve become very familiar with their good and bad attributes.

That being said, there’s a lot of good basketball players out there. If two guys have comparable skills, the personality fit and willingness to accept coaching can be the deciding factor that makes one guy more successful than the other.
          My head was spinning while watching many of these highlight reals. It was challenging not getting some of these players mixed up. I like homegrownshocker's list too. Not so long ago, Coach Marshall wasn't sure if we would need any more recruits this Season. Even so, I'm speculating they were more than just out nosing around evaluating recruits.. Now, we might sign 7 or 8? Not sure, but several. Visits by recruits this Season to College Facilities may be a "no, no?" The signing date for spring may be extended?

If we get some early verbal's, that might just lift some spirits in Shockerland. The cupboard needed much filling when Coach Marshall arrived and he got a late start because of when he signed the dotted line. Since then, we have been to a Final 4 and had an undefeated Season. Thus we understand 3G has been to a few bronco-buster rodeo's before. There is so many good players out there, although many signed in the fall. Coach brought in a no star named Baker, a Division 3 Juco player named Cle, a four star named FVV, and a player in KU's back yard named Landry S. All of these made or are still playing in the NBA. Many more of his recruits are playing for green overseas. I'm not worried but understand a major overhaul again takes time. I'm excited to see just who all the Shocks sign.

Last, but not least, the posters here that keep us up often on recruiting are important to us because this is an enjoyable area to follow. Thus, I really hope many of you post an Elite 8 too.

Comment

Taylor did a nice piece in the paper today and added a few that I was not considering. May have to re-evaluate my previous fantasy draft? Just something to think about while many of us are so upset about missing our favorite TV month of the year.

Wichita State basketball recruiting big board: 20 prospects Shockers fans need to know

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
              forevershockerfan Honestly, I’m 100% on board with your list. Make it so!
              Agreed.

Comment

Nm
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

**Ricky Council

Comment

Here’s what we have:

seniors: AM (5) and Wade (4)
                    juniors: Dex (3), Chandler (4/5)
                    soph: Tyson (2)
                    fresh: JB (4/5), Jadun (2/3)

not sure which players, but as for class spacing and positions I’d like something like this:

1. Graduate transfer PG
                    2. JUCO PG
                    3. JUCO or transfer shooting guard or wing
                    4. Graduate transfer post
                    5. Freshman post (preferably a guy we can redshirt)
                    6. Freshman PG (possible redshirt)

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                      Taylor did a nice piece in the paper today and added a few that I was not considering. May have to re-evaluate my previous fantasy draft? Just something to think about while many of us are so upset about missing our favorite TV month of the year.

Wichita State basketball recruiting big board: 20 prospects Shockers fans need to know
                      Thanks for this link homegrownshocker. Just as you implied, the Shocks are looking at so many talented players, we could compile a new wish list and still not go wrong. Taylor does better IMO in these extra effort research articles on recruiting, than any previous writer I remember. The chances for us to get some really talented players in here is looking finer than a frog hair. Hopefully soon we will begin receiving verbal commitments. However, this process will likely extend out longer than usual. There will be a big focus towards at least 2 true point guards that are ready to contribute immediately. We need some quality bigs' for sure.

Comment

If it comes to fruition, Cold will need to get down to Wal-Mart and buy a 6 pack of under shorts!

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

6 spots to fill currently.

Etienne (2), Dennis (2/3/4), Michael (3/4), Wade (4), Bilau (4/5), Chandler (4/5), Midtgaard (5).

I would go:
                          Grad Transfer Point Guard - Darius Perry or Alterique Gilbert
                          JUCO Point Guard - Malik Zachery or Justice Hill
                          Freshman Combo Guard - Jamarhi Harvey
                          Grad Transfer Shooting Guard - Nate Johnson
                          Freshman Wing - Ricky Council or Bradon Murray
                          Freshman Center - Nnanna Njoku or Nelly Joseph

Comment

I'm glad we will get everyone we want. LOL

Comment

There are 3-4 juco pgs who would be very good. Zachary, Porter (listed as a combo on juco recruiting 100 but he looks like a pg to me), Hill, and Williams from NEO all look good. And a couple of grad-transfers like Alterique Gilbert also look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X