Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Josaphat Bilau 6'10 PF/C 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I certainly wasn't singling you out, pin. It seems automatic that whenever someone a little light signs up, there's an immediate reaction of "he's going to have to bulk up". Not every player needs that in order to maximize their game.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Playing without a true 5 may help our offense flow a little bit better as well. It seemed we often got stuck on posting up JE. I also think back to the SMU game where their starting center was out and they started a guy way smaller than JE and he tore JE up. Two threes and then a drive right by him.

Houston seems to do just fine without a true 5. Leading college basketball in offensive rebounding is pretty impressive. Fabian White played the majority of the game at the ‘5’ and is listed at 6’7 230.

Comment

• Basketball is heading toward playing without true 5s
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• If you've got a rim protector on D, and your "5" can pull the other team's 5 out to the 3-point line, then you've got a PG looking to get to the rim. If your "5" is out at the 3-point line and has some handles and can get to the hoop, that guy can tear up a defense. An actual PG can beat a single defender often enough that they don't have to call for a screen on every possession.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            Basketball is heading toward playing without true 5s
            That's the way it seems. Actually I think we are some where in between the traditional PG, SG, SF, PF and C view of positions and totally positionless basketball.

I am seeing it as PG, Wings and Front Court players with 1 PG position, 2 wing positions and 2 front court positions. Of course at times you might want go small with 3 wings and 1 front court player.

So in constructing your roster you probably would like 2 PG's, 5 wings (with perhaps 1 or 2 of those being CG's) and 5 front court players or something along those lines. It would be nice if several of your front court plays can stretch the defense with their perimeter shooting. Everyone needs to be able to knock down free throws. Make sure you have enough athleticism to defend and rebound and hopefully you're in good shape.

Right now the Shocks have:

PG's - Gilbert
            Wings - Dennis, Etienne, Michael and Jenkins (Any CG's possibilities here? Etienne? Jenkins?)
            FCP's - Wade, Bilau and Poor Bear-Chandler

Physically Trey Wade seems more like he should be a wing, but his skill set is more front court-ish.

Now whether or not 3G is looking at things in this fashion is anyone's guess. He may still be working or the more traditional position breakdowns. And maybe it makes little difference.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 29, 2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• As long as he proves he has a zeal for hitting the glass and running the floor he'll see plenty of court time.

Comment

• We really need Chandler to be ready to contribute this year. He’s the guy that will allow us to be more flexible with Bilau if he can be a factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    We really need Chandler to be ready to contribute this year. He’s the guy that will allow us to be more flexible with Bilau if he can be a factor.
                    I think Udeze and Chandler will improve by default. Last year coach didn't have to let them play through their mistakes because he had Jaime who was the best player on the floor when he was in. This year I'm hoping for an exponential improvement from both of them as they get time on the court to settle down and play their games.

If so it would be huge if we could have those 2 rotating at the 5, with Wade and Bilau rotating at the 4 (along with Jackson if he steps in right away)

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That's the way it seems. Actually I think we are some where in between the traditional PG, SG, SF, PF and C view of positions and totally positionless basketball.

I am seeing it as PG, Wings and Front Court players with 1 PG position, 2 wing positions and 2 front court positions. Of course at times you might want go small with 3 wings and 1 front court player.

So in constructing your roster you probably would like 2 PG's, 5 wings (with perhaps 1 or 2 of those being CG's) and 5 front court players or something along those lines. It would be nice if several of your front court plays can stretch the defense with their perimeter shooting. Everyone needs to be able to knock down free throws. Make sure you have enough athleticism to defend and rebound and hopefully you're in good shape.

Right now the Shocks have:

PG's - Gilbert
                      Wings - Dennis, Etienne, Michael and Jenkins (Any CG's possibilities here? Etienne? Jenkins?)
                      FCP's - Wade, Bilau and Poor Bear-Chandler

Physically Trey Wade seems more like he should be a wing, but his skill set is more front court-ish.

Now whether or not 3G is looking at things in this fashion is anyone's guess. He may still be working or the more traditional position breakdowns. And maybe it makes little difference.
                      Don't forget we have another Wade at point guard

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think Udeze and Chandler will improve by default. Last year coach didn't have to let them play through their mistakes because he had Jaime who was the best player on the floor when he was in. This year I'm hoping for an exponential improvement from both of them as they get time on the court to settle down and play their games.

If so it would be huge if we could have those 2 rotating at the 5, with Wade and Bilau rotating at the 4 (along with Jackson if he steps in right away)
                        I think Udeze and Chandler will both be better this year. I was a little hard on Chandler last year, but I think I was wrong. I went back and watched the OSU, VCU, SMU and a few other games and they both played pretty good. They rebounded and scored when given the ball in the right place. I am hoping that having true point guards this year that want to run the offense will make a difference this year for those two. Both Chandler and Udeze seem to play defense and take the charge when necessary. And having the versatile JB should also help our front line play. Go Shocks.

Comment

• The one aspect that Bileau has over both Chandler and Udeze is his ability to be an eraser in the middle. Jamie was an eraser for guards and others who were beat defensively in the middle. The wings and forwards squeeze the gaps in their help defense (much more difficult to play the gaps on defense than the 5) and it helps when a long armed 7'3" wingspan Center who can also jump is there. I also like Bileau's ability to hedge on a smaller guard (almost a double team), and his ability to recover on his man. But Bileau will play the 4 also, and it is very sexy to have a really tall, big who can step out and hit shots on the perimeter and play the stretch 4.

Comment

• A 6'10" stretch 4 who appears to have ball handling typical of a wing, who can be a rim protector on D. Dang!

Comment

• Hind sight being 20/20, I’m glad he had to redshirt. Would’ve been a wasted year that was better spent getting stronger and learning 3G’s system.

Comment

• One thing is for certain - dude is put together. Of course, we've seen lots of 'put together' dudes who look good on the bench but not so good on the floor. Hopefully, he is as good as advertised.

On a related note, I stopped being amazed at the physical development of WSU players through the guidance of KR. Not sure what they pay him, but its not enough.
                                Over the years, he has inherited some bodies that I just shook my head and thought "no way." But through hard work and a top shelf training program, he has continually transformed bean poles into Adonis type specimens.
                                Dude is world class good.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X