Earl Watson to Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by choida View Post
    i think he will be here...i mean, he signed his letter of intent, but Marshall is still over one player, so he might be the odd man out...
    Back to your speculations again?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I suppose he could walk on, pay his own way, get enough credits to get his degree, than prctice and play on skollie next year. Is that right?
      Pretty sure he would need to graduate from JuCo before attending classes at Wichita State.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Pretty sure he would need to graduate from JuCo before attending classes at Wichita State.
        Why would he need to graduate? Can't you be an academic qualifier without graduation?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• yea, I think he will be fine...just needs to graduate JUCO...GOSHOX

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Why would he need to graduate? Can't you be an academic qualifier without graduation?
            Not in his case, he was a player we recruited in HS and placed at Chipola when he didn't qualify.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Not in his case, he was a player we recruited in HS and placed at Chipola when he didn't qualify.
              I thought you reapplied as a qualifier toward the end of your JUCO "career". That's not the case? I thought at the end of your 4th semester, your high school grades were completely irrelevant, and only obtaining a 2.00 cumulative with a 12 hour average class load were the keys to getting an academic qualification to transfer to a four year school. But that was just from quick reading on the web some time back so I am probably horribly wrong.

Comment

I thought you reapplied as a qualifier toward the end of your JUCO "career". That's not the case? I thought at the end of your 4th semester, your high school grades were completely irrelevant, and only obtaining a 2.00 cumulative with a 12 hour average class load were the keys to getting an academic qualification to transfer to a four year school. But that was just from quick reading on the web some time back so I am probably horribly wrong.
                I'm remembering back to the Ejike Hart recruitment where we waited the summer for him to graduate to become eligible.
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Looks like we may be getting ahead of ourselves a bit here. But even if turns out that Watson doesn't graduate on schedule, we also saw that pre-Marshall with Fridge Holman, who took more than two years to finish juco and then ended up here and had a fine, if somewhat dramatic, WSU career.

Besides, at this point 2014 would be a good class for Watson to join. That way the Shocks only need to find one more opening when Andrew Wiggins shocks the world...

Comment

I'm remembering back to the Ejike Hart recruitment where we waited the summer for him to graduate to become eligible.
                    Interesting. I don't remember squat about it.

Comment

Interesting. I don't remember squat about it.
                      Non qualifiers either have to go to prep school and bring up hs scores Ot attend jc and graduate.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        Non qualifiers either have to go to prep school and bring up hs scores Ot attend jc and graduate.
                        and graduate…is the key.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• you are telling me that he cannot continue his education at a 4 year school without the sheepskin?

Comment

you are telling me that he cannot continue his education at a 4 year school without the sheepskin?
                            He can do whatever he likes, if however he wishes to play in the NCAA he must either be a high school qualifier or complete a two year degree.

If you are a qualifier you can attend JUCO for 1 season and then transfer to a Division 1 school with 3 seasons of eligibility.

Comment

• Not sure why he cannot attend WSU as only a student, no scholarship, get enough hours and then practice and play on scholarship the following year.

Comment

Not sure why he cannot attend WSU as only a student, no scholarship, get enough hours and then practice and play on scholarship the following year.
                                Yeah you can burn a year of eligibility and transfer, but they were talking about not losing that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X