Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Allen 6'5 F-WVU Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    He's pretty close from 3

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Hmmmmm. I thought 3-pointers were 22 feet (corner) or 23.75 feet elsewhere, or farther, in college ball.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• He seems to have quite the repertoire. Good angles and uses his body well. A lot like much of our freshmen class coming in. We got some guys!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          This guy can shoot from 10’ out and put it on floor for a drive and finish. Two things Rashard could not do with any consistency.
          If you are right, I’m not optimistic for better results. 10’ away still places the defense in the lane since a free throw is 15’.

Comment

• shoxtop
            shoxtop commented
            Editing a comment
            If your entire offense relies on no one being in the lane, good luck against a good zone

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            Who knows how much zone we will see this year? We lost all of three of our 44% shooters from 3 so we may see a lot of it, although they may pack in the zone and make us hit from outside or sag a M/M like UNI used to do and take away the inside players. If you can't hit from the outside, it gets difficult to play inside too. I think that Teddy needs to develop consistency in his outside shot.

We've seen players at WSU before who couldn't hit an outside shot one year and the next, they were quite good at it. Teddy's percentages, (historically speaking) prove him to be a good free throw shooter (74%), and from 3 in high school (40%). I predict that he will develop his outside shot to help his inside game.

• looks like Teddy prefers #23 per twitter. Fred’s #

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            #23 is Jordan's number. Everybody else just borrows it.

T

...:cool:

• Freddie Teddy number 23...Illuminati?

Comment

• An interesting development here...

Kunkel just tweeted that WSU will appeal to the NCAA in hopes they'll allow Teddy Allen to play next season. Mother passed away in spring of 2017 and his support system is in Omaha.

Comment

• Worth a shot I guess. I don’t expect it to be approved.

Comment

• Article on Teddy after his senior years and after his mother passed away.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice article, 1972. I also notice he had a quadruple-double at Boys Town. Doesn't matter who you're playing against -- that's hard to do. I remember reading years ago about one-time Shocker recruit Kendall Wright from Texas doing it, but he ultimately was a football-first guy, and rightly so.

• That would help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Worth a shot I guess. I don’t expect it to be approved.
                  Maybe not but Korey Torgerson is pretty good working with the NCAA rules and regs.

Comment

• Apparently Memphis had this approved for a similar reason so there is a precedent for it

Comment

• I hope it works. Would be great to see him on the floor next year as well as breaking up that huge class just a little bit.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Would be awesome to have him start his journey

Comment

• So he can be there for his family an have a support system.

Comment

Working...
                          X