Clay Custer to Loyola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
    Just saw sully retweet that. So he could potentially help... But wouldn't be until next year right?
    Yep, he'd have to sit out a year.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      Yep, he'd have to sit out a year.
      So how does a commit from a transfer affect scholarships? If he has to sit out next year, does his scholarship count against our limit for next year? Or just not until he's eligible. I thought it DIDN'T count but had someone else telling me it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        So how does a commit from a transfer affect scholarships? If he has to sit out next year, does his scholarship count against our limit for next year? Or just not until he's eligible. I thought it DIDN'T count but had someone else telling me it did.
        it counts

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          it counts
          Unless he pulls an Armstead. Or Coleby.
          You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

He is an instate kid, so he could possibly walkon for his transfer year and then have a scholly after that.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

@ClaytonCuster3: Good weekend in Chicago!! Excited to say I will continue my journey at Loyola of Chicago next year 🏀#blers
              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                @ClaytonCuster3: Good weekend in Chicago!! Excited to say I will continue my journey at Loyola of Chicago next year 🏀#blers
                Whoa! Congrats to Clayton and Loyola! Good for the Valley!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  @ClaytonCuster3: Good weekend in Chicago!! Excited to say I will continue my journey at Loyola of Chicago next year #blers
                  I guess it is a net plus for the MVC, but man how depressing to go to a school with a glorified HS gym that averages 1,500 people. Bleh... I mean I hate Creighton with some pretty strong vitriol, but how in the world would anyone choose LUC over CU if those were hypothetically your two options?

No idea how HCPM is recruiting successfully in light of the negatives associated with LUC, but congrats I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    I guess it is a net plus for the MVC, but man how depressing to go to a school with a glorified HS gym that averages 1,500 people. Bleh...

No idea how HCPM is recruiting successfully in light of the negatives associated with that program, but congrats I suppose.
                    Interestingly, it was the Hilton crowd that convinced him ISU was the right fit. I guess it's better to play for a small crowd than watch with a big one.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Loyola doing a good job building the program through transfers. They could be a program on the rise.

Comment

I'm glad loyola got him. I want loyola to build something good up there. Also Custer seems to be fairly close with former high school teammate and loyola rambler Ben Richardson. I'm sure that helped. Good for Loyola, glad CU didn't get him.

Comment

Loyolas arena is small but very nice, Moser is a hell of a coach and his HS teammate Ben Richardson plays there

Comment

Today would be a good day to be a Rambler fan.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Moser is a hell of a coach
                              Career win percentage under .500. Only five seasons as a head coach above .500 in 11 seasons. 107-141 (43.2%) record with only two seasons above .500 in his last eight seasons as a head coach. Has never finished better than 5th place in a conference in his career. 34-74 (31.5%) record in Valley play as a head coach.

As best I can tell, in 11 years as a head coach, Moser owns 14 victories over RPI top 100 teams. Marshall had 12 in 2013 alone. Also, I believe Loyola's win over Boise State this year was the first top 50 RPI win of Moser's 11 season career.

"Hell of a coach" are not the words I would use to describe him. "Good recruiter, below average coach" would be my choice. Hopefully for his sake he can recruit well enough to make up for his inability to coach.
                              Last edited by Rlh04d; April 20, 2015, 02:52 PM.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                                Career win percentage under .500. Only five seasons as a head coach above .500 in 11 seasons. 107-141 (43.2%) record with only two seasons above .500 in his last eight seasons as a head coach. Has never finished better than 5th place in a conference in his career. 34-74 (31.5%) record in Valley play as a head coach.

As best I can tell, in 11 years as a head coach, Moser owns 14 victories over RPI top 100 teams. Marshall had 12 in 2013 alone. Also, I believe Loyola's win over Boise State this year was the first top 50 RPI win of Moser's 11 season career.

"Hell of a coach" are not the words I would use to describe him. "Good recruiter, below average coach" would be my choice. Hopefully for his sake he can recruit well enough to make up for his inability to coach.
                                Well, he's a Creighton guy. That's got to count for something. :)
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X