Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Ricky Torres went from high school dropout to Division I hoopster

Comment

• I was worried at first when I heard that he had dropped out of HS. Now after reading that .. it all makes sense. It's amazing how much some contextual information can change a viewpoint.

Comment

• Great find RoyalShock I have been looking forward to hearing Ricky's story, Fred had a great back story but Ricky's is every bit, if not more, compelling. Won't be hard to root like hell for this young man.

Comment

• jocoshock
          jocoshock commented
          Editing a comment
          MTXE is in his DNA

• I just became Ricky Torres' biggest fan
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Against those odds, Torres persevered, transforming from a Pinellas Park High School dropout to one of the best junior college players in the country.
          His courtship by several major Division I-A programs ended with his commitment to Wichita State.

"My life story is crazy," said Torres, an All-American at Missouri State-West Plains. "I felt like I've been working so long, just grinding every day. Now the payoff has finally come.
          Hold up Ricky! *grabs the young man throwing him into a friendly headlock while tussling his hair*

We're not allowed to use that kind of language at WSU - los lobos de Lawrence are watching...

Torres sounds like a good one!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            We're not allowed to use that kind of language at WSU - los lobos de Lawrence are watching...
            LOL

If only there was a "To Catch a Predator" type show for college basketball where Chris Hansen posed as an Adidas rep luring college coaches in. I could see it now. Self pulling up saying "Hey, you got the brand new Audi and cash for....ahh sh*t, Chris Hansen."

Image result for to catch a predator meme

Comment

• I liked the sentence "After announcing his plans to become a Shocker, Torres did not take too much time to celebrate. He was back in the gym for two workouts that day."

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

• I'm liking this kid more and more. You just know he's gonna bring the toughness. Top of my nickname list is "Ricky Bobby" If you ain't first, you're last...

Comment

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; May 3, 2018, 11:19 AM. Reason: Wrong thread. Getting old.

Comment

• I've seen cuts from this on Twitter, but not the whole thing. A bunch of Ricky highlights from this long open gym vid. He gets scored on exactly once.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• I'm glad we got Ricky! Like him even better than Lomax. Bigger. Smooth operator. A little older. Probable starter from jump street. Go Shocks!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        I've seen cuts from this on Twitter, but not the whole thing. A bunch of Ricky highlights from this long open gym vid. He gets scored on exactly once.
                        I haven't been this excited for an incoming Shocker since... Erik Stevenson. Good God we are loaded!

Ricky looks like what FVV and a slightly maimed Tekele would produce if they had a child.

The cupboard is totally full.

It's a great ****ing day to be a Shocker!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Is Ricky on campus yet?

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Some svelte young men.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X