Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Torres 6'3 PG 2018 JUCO a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good heavens -- inside news! Pin says Shamet's going to the NBA?

Quick, somebody tell 3G! He probably had no idea. We're doomed! Doomed, I tell you; doomed!

Comment

• pinstripers
      pinstripers commented
      Editing a comment
      We're are't doomed dofo. but we are desperate

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Good heavens -- inside news! Pin says Shamet's going to the NBA?

Quick, somebody tell 3G! He probably had no idea. We're doomed! Doomed, I tell you; doomed!
    Yuk it up if you want, but if HCGM does not already know LS is staying, he may not know for sure about LS for at least a month, probably 2. Available pickin's will be a lot less then than now. Just guessing from who's being offered, it looks like we may be targeting 2 PGs or a PG and a combo guard. Given the time constraints, somebody else's schollie could be in question in the event a recruit(s) we want says 'yes' now and we have to pull the trigger earlier than when LS makes his final decision or lose them. It would appear we're also still looking at other positions as well as another backup plan to fill out the roster if needed.

The longer this all goes on the tougher it will be to find the level of players we may need.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yuk it up if you want, but if HCGM does not already know LS is staying, he may not know for sure about LS for at least a month, probably 2. Available pickin's will be a lot less then than now. Just guessing from who's being offered, it looks like we may be targeting 2 PGs or a PG and a combo guard. Given the time constraints, somebody else's schollie could be in question in the event a recruit(s) we want says 'yes' now and we have to pull the trigger earlier than when LS makes his final decision or lose them. It would appear we're also still looking at other positions as well as another backup plan to fill out the roster if needed.

The longer this all goes on the tougher it will be to find the level of players we may need.
      Of course he doesn’t know. Shamet most likely won’t make a decision until May. I still think he will stay but if he doesn’t, I’m still going to be ok. Peoples statements on this medium show how they approach life. Some of you are basket cases. Coach Marshall may be worrying and panicking but I won’t. I’m not sure we will be a Top 25 team next year, but I think we will be a tough out and we will be proud. The future still looks good. Have a great day and week may your life be blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Our point guard is going to the NBA, our backup PG graduated, our third option at PG can't play in front of more than 300 people. Our incoming PG backed out of his commitment. Right now we have Reaves (I'm a big fan but that ain't his best position) and nothing else. You figure it out.
        You are just not thinking clear if you think Landry is going anywhere but 21st and Hillside.

Comment

• shocks02
          shocks02 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not what the mock drafts say! (insecurity at it's finest)

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          Personally, I would agree, but CBS has him going at 24, and says he might be the best shooter inn the college game.

Even if Landry stays, we need a PG-in- training and for back-up, none of which we really have at the present time.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Guess some posters are wound so tightly they didn't recognize my mockery. Oh, well; what's new?

In any case, you're right, 60 -- the Shocks have PG needs. Shamet is a work in progress, and the closer he is to being where he needs to be, the closer he also is to being NBA-ready. And the answers beyond him are far from clear-cut at this point.

But Marshall knows all of that better than we do, obviously (which was, of course, the point of my previous post), and he's probably also way ahead of us at figuring out how best to recover from the Lomax debacle. We know, with our non-insiders' knowledge, that WSU is interested in several good prospects; and we also know from experience that sometimes SN doesn't find out about a player who ultimately turns out to have a significant impact (especially if he's from the juco ranks as, for example, Torres is) until he's just about to sign. Finally, we know that in some cases significant graduate transfers don't come on board until the summer.

So I'm not worried, and those who are need to take a more light-hearted view unless they want to worry themselves into a frenzy before next season ever gets here. It could be a long spring and summer for the nailbiters among us.

You almost have to sign 2 guys for the possibility of losing Landry. If he comes back, you address the current roster of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Of course he doesn’t know. Shamet most likely won’t make a decision until May. I still think he will stay but if he doesn’t, I’m still going to be ok. Peoples statements on this medium show how they approach life. Some of you are basket cases. Coach Marshall may be worrying and panicking but I won’t. I’m not sure we will be a Top 25 team next year, but I think we will be a tough out and we will be proud. The future still looks good. Have a great day and week may your life be blessed.
          Wow. This isn't the first time we've read Doctor Shockm in action. Your diagnosis of some posters and their comments here is way off base. You seem to confuse comments of an adverse situation as panic and despair. After 50 years of following the Shockers, their ups and downs, neither outcome affects my daily life. I love sports in general, but it is what it is.

"I'm not sure we will be a Top 25 team next year"? Really? I'll be dancing in the streets if that happens (that's called a figure of speech). It's debatable we were a Top 25 team this year given how our best wins (and "best" losses) crashed and burned.

Yes, WSUwatcher, I recognized your (unnecessary) mockery. Maybe you can take a more light-hearted view of what is posted and less diagnosis of others as well. More substance of what is being discussed with curbing of your "concern" for others posters.

Comment

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            You may be easily offended but it wasn't my intention to mock or offend. Have a nice day.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope. I'm not. Nor did you mock and offend is a little strong. You do have a way of criticizing (diagnosing) posters on how they approach life based simply on your interpretation of how they post. That's not my opinion, that's what you actually post. It doesn't add to the discussion at hand. Have a wonderful day yourself.

Some things probably irritate me just as they do you. Some people like some of my opinions and not other opinions. You come across strong yourself but I know I'm not King when it comes to my opinions. Maybe you should take your own advice instead of lecturing others. Everyone has good and bad opinions.

Comment

Everyone have a nice day

Comment

I'm having a nice day...just in case anyone cares.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                I'm having a nice day...just in case anyone cares.

The Assman

Comment

SHOXAAC I care that you are having a good day. Also that WuDrWu is having fun watching the Shox Baseball team win. I care that 1972Shocker is coming around.

I wish tropicalshox was still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    SHOXAAC I care that you are having a good day. Also that WuDrWu is having fun watching the Shox Baseball team win. I care that 1972Shocker is coming around.

I wish tropicalshox was still around.
                    You are our big toe DSB...love you man!!!

Comment

Whatever happened to tropicalshox?
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        Whatever happened to tropicalshox?
                        c1b.png

1fqdzj.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• kcshocker11
                          kcshocker11 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          lucky bastard
                      Working...