No announcement yet.

Cleanthony Early-SHOCKER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleanthony wins juco allstar game MVP for his east squad.

Comment

• He deserves to be up here too!
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Not only was he NJCAA III Player of the year for the second straight season but he won the 2012 NABC NJCAA Player of the year which is for all NJCAA not just division III.

Comment

• Pretty interesting to go back and re-read this thread.

Comment

• Great recruiting by our Coaching Staff. Keep up the good work in finding some sleepers for the black and yellow.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
              Pretty interesting to go back and re-read this thread.
              Indeed it is. Welcome back to the "playing the 3" discussion as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                "I'm definitely excited, but I'm far from satisfied," said Early...."It's just the beginning. I have so much more work to do I'm not content. I'm going to Wichita State to work hard, aim for a national championship and become a professional."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...331/-1/SITEMAP
                Not satisfied, eh? #ClearlyPracticingAngry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Armstead needs to work on his consistency but all the tools are there. The only thing you need to worry about with Baker is 1)do you have enough tickets and 2) how many Ron Baker jerseys are you going to buy for Christmas.

Not that I am wasting 2 minutes on next year, but I suspect this will be a fun team to watch, especially in February and March.

Interesting.

Comment

• Good call about March, Doc; February not so much -- but we'll give you a pass because of the injuries, especially considering that your comment about Baker makes it clear you were expecting him to be there. (And what a difference he made once he was!)

What's your crystal ball predicting for this coming February and March? I just hope they're able to stay healthy -- if so, I'll let the chips fall where they may -- but unfortunately that isn't something my own crystal ball sees very well.

Comment

Interesting.
                      I wish there was such a thing as legit replica Shocker jerseys available for purchase. One thing that our in-state D1 brethren have over us at the moment.

Comment

• As noted above, many of us did believe Cle was a sleeper. Last summer during the scrimmages, he never really caught my eye as much as Baker, HAll, FVV, or Wiggins. Even so, early on, 3G knew 'Early was on' to be a very special player for us and mentioned it before the Season emerged. While Early at times did not start games, he was not late in coming in and giving us a big power boost of offense. Early was one of our Big 3 along with Armstead and Hall. That "return to sender" block in the Ohio State game was one for our forever memory banks.

This summer I have already seen a few scrimmages and Cle has really looked like he is ready to lead us along with Baker and FVV. Last summer, Cotton didn't catch my eye near as much as he has done this summer. It feels great knowing that Wessel is back and Carter will make us happy ShockerNetters.

Our bigs for this Season really have impressed me, especially offensively. Each of them can score and rebound quite well. Our overall depth chart looks more impressive than last Season and we will be healthy again. Mr. Coleby is a playa!!! U LIKE?

At the team scrimmage last Pre-Season, Coach Marshall spoke of us returning to the Dance. Quite a prediction for a team that lost 5 of our top 6 scorers to graduation? Nope!!! He understood already we were going to be good but here is what perplexes me. How did we not crumble like 'an ole stale cookie at the bottom of the cookie jar' when faced with injuries like maybe never before, but yet land "smack-dab" in the Final 4?

One thing about it, we are no longer a '1 and done Final 4 contestant.' Now we eagerly await another promising Season in search of more thrills and Shocker accomplishments. As usual, the creeks will rise, the frigid winter wind will blow, the brigands will come knocking in attempts to steal our thunder and the soothsayers will again have their doubts. Last Season was a banner Season to remember but was not all 'sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows' due to the injuries we faced. We lost the game to S. Illinois, the Colt was a thorn in our flesh twice, and how can we forget the 3 game skid? However, what about the end games of a Season we will always remember?

Looking forward, we hope for the best. Coach Marshall is one of the best in the business. Cle will have a supporting cast of solid Shocker team-players that will follow instuctions and execute, play angry, and are not satisfied. I like what I see.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Interesting.
                          And April...as it turned out. May this year be a repeat of the last.

Comment

• I have followed Shocker basketball since the Cheese Johnson, Richard Morsden, Robert Elmore days. I can in all honesty say I have never been more excited about the prospects of the coming year than I am now.

Not only have we proven we can play--and beat--any team in the country, but I think we will have our 30 victories after we secure our first MVC tournament championship and the Dance will provide another exciting time in Shocker basketball--will we hit 36 wins this next year? I can't wait...

Comment

• 36? Might as well go for 40...

Comment

• I felt this thread was worthy of a bump, to pay tribute to someone who will be remembered as a Shocker Legend.

Reading through this thread makes me smile and realize how far this program has grown in a very short period of time. When Cle signed, most of knew we were getting a game changer, but no one could have predicted he would be the catalyst to the greatest two years in program history. He helped take Shocker Nation to heights never before seen (at least in my lifetime).

What is even better though, is the type of person he is. This young man represented WSU terrifically both on and off the court and I am super sad that we won't get to see him don a WSU uniform anymore. That being said, I am looking forward to seeing where his NBA career takes off. I just know deep down he will be a star.

Hopefully I can speak for everyone when I say: "Farewell Cle. Thanks for everything."

- Shocker Nation
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X